New PB

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
gooseman26
Gold Member
Gold Member

New PB

Post by gooseman26 »

Well, went for a fish a couple of times over the weekend, saturday and this morning both times fishing the run in. Both days were quite windy, quiet and not a lot of action going on.

I saw some schools of golden trevally swim past a few times but they were not interested in anything I had to offer.

I finally got some interest in my bait rod, about 5 secs after I set the drag and walked 3 steps from it, it folded over, went for a run then stopped. Yep, summed up my day I spose.

Continued flicking some plastics around and finally got a hook up to a decent queenie, fought him for a little while but then on about his 4th jump he pulled the hooks, yep the day was going great.

Next cast and I'm on again, only this time the fight lasted a lot less, pulled hooks and lost again. Then it was time to call it a day.

So this morning I went back again, same breeze, maybe a touch less, even quieter than saturday. Used the same tactics, 1 bait rod while flicking plastics with another.

Had a few touches on the plastic and then I was on. Sweet I thought, will make up for Saturday. Then found out it was a queenie after he made 2 jumps in quick succession, damn I thought, I hope you stay on this time.

So the fight went on, backwards and forwards until finally I wore him down and brought him in. SUCCESS!!! 8) 8)

A new PB queenfish at 104cm. Happy days.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: New PB

Post by theodosius »

Nice queen fish!
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Always good to beat your own best
Well done
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
Polycrafty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Polycrafty »

Solid, persistence pays! :applause:
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hi there,

Well done!
I went this morning, with another FFF member, and we could not raise a single fish.
We were trying for Queenfish or Trevally, and the only fish that seemed to take interest in my lure, was a Barra, who twice went for it, and turned at the last moment…
:banghead:

Any way, good on you, that is a nice fish land based!
:applause:

Have a good day,
Pecheur
gooseman26
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gooseman26 »

Hey Pecheur.

Know the feeling. He was the only one I got up today. Wind pushed everything away this weekend.

Still yet to catch a barra lol. But realistically I haven't tried targeting them yet.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Always good fun to get a new PB 8)
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

nice Queenie, exciting fish to catch, love them

well done on the PB
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!

Return to “Landbased”