Tough week on the coastal creeks

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Tough week on the coastal creeks

Post by STANDY »

Most Magazine articles dont post the stories of no fish the several times before the hot bite that was printed.

How long out did you book your trip?

My tip is don't book too far out as locals don't work out the run-off places and dates to fish until half way through the wet-season.

A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.
hottuna
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hottuna »

:eating:
Bluewater Dreamin'
drifter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by drifter »

[quote="Next morning once again at 0400 :coffee: and this time to Swim Creek...3 more bl..dy boats ahead of us (from Botel) :banghead: We all enjoyed donuts, whilst there but one boat had a 118 FRAME on the transom...caught earlier in the morning apparently... :fubird: :hunting: Disgusted at seeing that...
[/quote]

Thought that sounded like some-one I knew (Back-cast - he just loves killing stuff) Said he needed some crab bait.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

Windy wrote:
Lats wrote:I fished Swim and Marsh twice for no fish. Saw 3 small fish get lost at Marsh. I also heard about the 118 today.
Always wary of not knowing the circumstances (e.g. a failed swim and buggered fish) but it was a guided boat...sad to know a 118's been filleted for rubbish eating though...were u at Marsh yesterday Lats?
Mate I doubt you've eaten a Barra over a meter, it tasted sensational...
That fish was caught on a Reidys rubber and inhaled it it was stuck in a gill and pulled that hard it it ripped it out and bled out... Dead before we landed it,,
So before you go rubbishing anyone mate get your facts strait...
So pull your head out of your arse..

We landed some good fish that day...
Got 4 over a meter 3 came from swim that morning..
You didn't see the other fish carcasses on the back of my boat mate...
How did you know the larger one was 118cm..??
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

If its dead then no point not eating it, that's a good effort anyway back cast, myself and standy got bugger all for two days at sampan mouth, seen you heading over that way and now I wished we had of followed you over
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

Bet Windy wished he was on your boat back-cast .....................
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.
Windy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Windy »

I read you post and am man enough to apologise Back-Cast. Heat of the moment disappointed comment and I do admit to wondering 'why' a metery might actually have been 'kept' (though I assumed a failed swim more likely) before and after posting...silly mistake.

Just like failure on the water...another good learning experience for me... :bonk:

Hope apologies can be accepted. :|
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

I wouldn't worry to much windy, this forum is known for people shooting straight from the hip.
----------------------------
-----------------------------
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

Ben Jam wrote:I wouldn't worry to much windy, this forum is known for people shooting straight from the hip.
Seems to be a clique you are either in or your not these days.
But regardless of the fishes cause of death ( or the code of AFANT conduct) keeping it is still within the law of the land, it remains a pretty personal thing.
Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Quinntreximon »

Exactly AM. It's not illegal to keep any size barra over 55cm, it's the catches choice and if it's not going to live better you take rather than a shark or croc.
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Too many people on here openly judge you for necking big barra. If you are not breaking any rules why do you need to justify your actions.
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

balou wrote:Too many people on here openly judge you for necking big barra. If you are not breaking any rules why do you need to justify your actions.
I always remember the line a certain double haul used on a sailfish tragic years ago that was battling against a tide be carful a fish coul get hurt if your not on your game. "IF YOUR THAT WORRIED ABOUT HURTING A FISH THEN DONT FISH IN THE FIRST PLACE" It sort of crueled the augment for her really, and realistically 100 % true. But that wasn't the clique I was talking about.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

I wouldn't worry to much windy, this forum is known for people shooting straight from the hip.
And that's coming from one of the gunslingers :mrgreen: :catch:
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

Matt Flynn wrote:
And that's coming from one of the gunslingers :mrgreen: :catch:
:lol:
STOKESY77
Seadog
Seadog

Post by STOKESY77 »

After spending a fair bit of dosh (hundreds) and amounts of km's travelled on these big long planned fishing trips I would have made it a keeper too! Gotta have something to show for time and effort spent :mrgreen: and after a certain post on here not too long ago where a FFFer found half a metrey floating at the mouth of Sampan it makes you wonder do they (metrey's) always swim off happily ever after... obviously not.
Give a man a fish, You'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, You'll feed him for a lifetime!