Caltex fuel

Talk about the gear you can't afford and knots you can't tie.
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Caltex fuel

Post by AM »

Over the last month I have been noticing a change with fuel. We changed from united to caltex at work. Two things happened, one I only fit 22.5trs in can that always held 23 at united and the second one is the caltex ULP absolutely wreaks. I don't sniff petrol but never minded the smell of it but the new fuel is dry different smelling. Is it my imagination or has somebody else noticed this as well.

cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Caltex fuel

Post by cuddlescooper »

Depends on when the pumps were calibrated AM. I filled my cruiser up from a place near Palmerston the other day and my cruiser mysteriously took an extra 5 litres more than the capacity of the tank (yes I did take the filler pipe into account). Needless to say I wont be getting fuel from them again. Any way What I am saying is that some places pumps will read differently. They shouldn't but they do.
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

More surprised by the stench to be honest
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by blw »

Hmm ive always ran vortex premium diesel from caltex. Doesn't seem to smell. Must just be the ULP. Probably vecauae caltex doesn't water it down with ethanol like united.
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by blw »

Because
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Hemi »

Ive never seemed to had any problems always running ultimate from bp... Ill stick with that.
"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

Never had any problems with the old mobs fuel it just that the new one smells so different. Seems to use a bit less but very early days ask me in a year. Did I mention the ULP stinks a bit.