The Clarence

max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

The Clarence

Post by max »

Had planned to go out over the bar yest. & test some gps marks Ive come by off the coast but the wind buggered that up so spent the day fishing in the river & scored 5 nice f/head which were good for tea.The river is still very dirty after quite a bit of rain(mostly upstream) .The best lure being Atomic prongs.We tried fishing a hole near the mouth first up hoping for a jewie but i couldnt believe how much run there was at the late stage of the incoming tide ,it reminded me of trying to get bottom in Darwin Harbour
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: The Clarence

Post by Matt Flynn »

did well in the conditions, good tucker there :mrgreen:
Trier
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Trier »

Yep, amongst the best eating fish there is. Nice work if they were all around that size.
Cheers,

Ash
-----------------

If it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer and hit it harder!

'You can't have mudcrabs without mud'. My son John
antfish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by antfish »

Yes the water belts in and out of the river and the middle wall should fish o.k. as the slightly cleaner water pushes up on the tide, it is not a spot I fish that often because of the current but others love it. Just trying to figure out where you are from the back ground. I haven,t had the boat out since the rain but have been getting around the rocks, watched jew getting into mullet in a most lure unfriendly spot yesterday, should of had a large popper with me. Then not to far away from there hooked a truck which there was no stopping and caught a smaller one which some of will be crumbed and bake tonight
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

What side of the river you on I fished that area 2 or 3 times a week for a lot of years say up till say 15 years ago. If its the north side of the river ,and it is dirty in the next couple of monthes and you fancy a flathead try the corners of the headlands shark bay, woody, first but if ther is water mainly the second and my fave main beach. that river not stopping on a run in tide does take a bit of coming to terms with. You have made me somewhat home sick, enjoy that place, it is where I learned to fish and I will allways love it.
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Im on Yamba side mate but I will take all the tips from someone who has fished the area ,thanks. I got this little bloke (60) on a 3" drop bear from the shore near the base of a bridge t/day & was good fun on light gear
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
antfish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by antfish »

I am figuring Oyster Channel if you are fishing it out of the boat on slack water which is about 3 hours after Yamba tide time believe it or not, try at the 2 pylons closest to either bank thats where I have done the best but then again each one is worth a try but slack water is the key.
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

cheers mate will give it a crack,tried a big back eddy on nth wall near t section this morn with rubbers but no good.
Sy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sy »

Good to se you getting into em Max ;-)

Freezer still rocks 8) 8)
Cheers

Sy
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

got some nice f/head t/day
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Went for a spin with a local here t/day & he showed me some new spots in the river which is always handy. We managed quite a few bream & I had a bit of fun with a trevor on 4kg :mrgreen:,great day out with perfect weather
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Took the boat for a much needed run yest. & headed up the Carence a bit but thought the day was going to be a dud but managed to catch my biggest Bream so far 36cm (caught on a blade) then found a patch of flatties (Squidgy wriggler) the f/head ate real nice for tea :chef2:
Sy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sy »

Nice catch Max! ;-)
Cheers

Sy
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

A good feed there :mrgreen:
antfish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by antfish »

It has been producing some good fish, if you know where to look. Wish I had more time off and less work, lost count of what I caught this afternoon