Tail Baitz

max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Tail Baitz

Post by max »

Managed this 500 jobbie t/day on one of Glens Tail Baits,they have a great action these rubbers & this one was rigged weedless. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Tail Baitz

Post by Mud »

Good shots Max and nice to hear from you. Tasty peice of dinner you got there....
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Top lures, don't go out without a handful of them now.
ozlad
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ozlad »

I had one bitten in half in Corroboree last weekend. Not sure what it was though, as it missed the weedless hook...
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Got a couple of f/head on the little mullet look a like one t/day ,the weedless ones have a great hook up rate Ive found. :mrgreen:
bigglen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bigglen »

Hay Max

Well i finally managed to get away for a bit of a look around, I done some looking on google earth and found some little creeks that i new would be would be worth investagating, And on my first approach found some marks in the sand at low tide that looked very promising, Flat Head and these were some solid size fish too, I measured these marks against my shoe which is 33cm and these impressions made my shoe look small, at a guess i would say some of these Flatties would have to be up around 80-90cm+,
It has been one fish on my list to tick off, A solid sized lizard on a lure and the light spin set up, So this being my first attempt at targeting these fish on plastics in a new location i am stoked, A 69cm Flathead and on one of our new coloured weedless Tail Baitz aswell,
Cheers Glen
(KO-Tackle)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
willow300
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by willow300 »

Looks like the weedless version has a fork shaped tail now?? I have the old version. Any difference in action?
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Take it easy Glen youve gone & knocked off my PB 67 already :mrgreen:
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Old version seemed to wiggle more at low speeds. Still much better action than most SPs
bigglen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bigglen »

Hi Max,

Yeh i jumped the que big time with that fish mate but you know how it works now i will be stuck on that PB for years to come,
but then again its not that bad a number to be stuck on after all,

And yes Willow we have done only the 4.5" weedless model with the forked tail like the treble versions, we have found that this fork tail model
has a much more liquid natural flow, As where the paddle tail model has more of a beat from left to right which could give a little more vibration under water
we are still yet to prove wether this is more affective or not either way the catch rates a just a good as the other,

1 thing you may notice with the new flat tail models is the hook is a little different and the hook up rate may not be a good,
This is a mustard style weedless hook which is a little different in shape, compared to the previous hooks which are VMC,
I would suggest if using the new 4.5" weedless flat tail modles use a VMC weedless hook to suit,This is my own personal opinion but see how you go,

We are in discussions now about running with both styles of tails on the 4.5" weedless range both the fork and the paddles but time will tell,

All i can say is the molds for the bigger sizes are being worked on as we speak, weedless 5.5" and 6.5" and treble 4.5" and 5.5"

I will keep the FFF updated on our progress

Thanks Glen
(KO-Tackle)
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Great ,them bigger weedless will be the ducks nuts.
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

top flathead both of them.

good score Glen!
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
deepblack
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by deepblack »

Hi Glen,
I just brought the weedless version of the the Tail baitz and I did notice that the weight on the front of the weedless hook hinders the hook travelling upwards in the body and giving maximum gape on strike. Have you modified this at all? I'm thinking about shaving the lead off a little towards the front or just putting another bare weedless hook on and putting a 0 or 00 ball on the bottom of my loop knot on the front. What do you reckon?
Cheers, :cheers:
John.

P.. I just read your post regarding a different hook style, I can mold lead onto any brand with a weedless weight mould I have so I might try a few different ones, I have a few Gamakatsus' the right size so I will try them first
North Shore Reel Service 0400494401.
Toxic
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Toxic »

Quick update - I was fishing Middle Arm on the Weekend at my favourite rockbar. I had been casting for two hours without so much as a tap. There was fish there as I had a few follows, so I put the silver/white Tailbait on (non-weedless). I caught three Barra and a Salmon in the next 10-15 casts. Nothing huge but they loved it, I even had a small barra following one of the hooked fish like a GT does, haven't seen that before.
wally gator
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by wally gator »

Fantastic lures, nothing looks or swims as well I recon, and the weedless jobbys are amazing chuk em in the sticks and just walk em out ..