shark attack at peron islands

Rumour has it that some FFF members are spearos. It's time to come out of the closet.
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

shark attack at peron islands

Post by BarraBeast »

Before you all get too excited, the shark only took a bite out of my custom wooden speargun!

So I speared a giant bluebone which wrapped my shooting line around the reef, it was making a racket by flinging the spear shaft against the rocks. This brought in a cheeky little 6 foot whaler.
I was on the surface recovering from the dive and I was using a float line setup with a float. So the gun was down about 4m and the speared fish another 6, when the whaler shot past me from behind and nailed the gun, taking a bite and shaking it from side to side. Maybe the fish scale pattern on the barrel got it’s attention? Then it sped off with it’s nose stuck in the power bands !!! it took the my whole set up snapping off the shooting line. Then it changed direction leaping out of the water landing between me and dive buddy, Brett. It caused so many air bubbles we and it couldn’t see a thing! It kept bumping into us by mistake as it was so confused. Then it headed fro the horizon pulling the float all the way under.

We gathered the boys and charged after it looking for the float which surfaced every few minutes or so, after it tired out it took 3 of us to pull it to the surface by the float line aft4r about 10 minutes of tug-o-war.. See pic of it at the side of the boat. We took a quick video and cut the power bands to free it, all 3 ands had worked their way up to it’s dorsal fin. They were stretched tight so we had to stretch them further to get a knife under them.
He had one last snap at me as he took off in a hurry. Obviously recovered from pulling the float under.

Lucky it snapped the spear line so I could dive down and recover the shaft and luckily no other sharks took my blue bone! Happy days and back to spearing again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: shark attack at peron islands

Post by DOUG »

your mad i have swum in croc water but salt water freaks me out with the sharks i hate them!!! where was the power head?
how did you go on your spearing trip???
deepblack
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by deepblack »

Your Spear Gun now has street cred Beastie...Battle Scars are always cool!
North Shore Reel Service 0400494401.
Sy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sy »

Be nice to see the Bluebone pic eh?
Cheers

Sy
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

bonkers.....bl..dy spearos...mad...stark raving mad.

Cool story but....
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
jaslester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jaslester »

Agree Mud...Nuts!!!! but yeah was cool
Early to bed, Early to rise- Fish all day than tell big lies**
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Cool capers! Need to have a helmet cam so we can see this stuff, but the pictures are great.

Life being what it is, while you were battling the shark, those "new" flesh-eating worms were crawling quietly up your wetsuit inside leg ...
Morry
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Morry »

Would make a good movie scene
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

Matt Flynn wrote:flesh-eating worms were crawling quietly up your wetsuit inside leg ...
now i wont need that penis reduction operation. let the worm have a chew :shock:
"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "