Liquid Gold and doing the Mackarina

Rumour has it that some FFF members are spearos. It's time to come out of the closet.
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Liquid Gold and doing the Mackarina

Post by BarraBeast »

Very interesting trip out wide recently – had a whale shark swim under the boat at anchor then stopped to scratch his back on the hull! Lucky it wasn’t a big one.

Rick got close up and personal with a 16ft hammer in 2 metres of water. It was a peaceful meeting though.

Managed to land about 2 goldies each and had a ball trying to hit fast moving Macks in 25m of water. A big boy came in close for a look, he was so thick around the shoulders I reckon you couldn’t have got your arm around it. He has 2 long scares done his side. He was a bruiser and we chose wisely to let him move on rather than tangle with it.

any one eaten rainbow runner? saw heaps of them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
justin
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by justin »

nice work BB but you can keep the diving especialy after the few tiger sharks i have seen in the past.
Fishhard reel service a cast past the rest
stuart
Seadog
Seadog

Post by stuart »

sounds a awesome trip, how big was the whale shark, would love to see one oneday
Brent Matthews
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Brent Matthews »

I ate rainbow runner of the back of a patrol boat a few years ago it was pretty good, we hooked one at the Brumbys last weekend but lost it at the boat. One of they guys from sydney started screaming 'king'kingy,' I suppose they do look a bit like one.

:chef2:
Cheers
BD

'May your fishing spots be silted and your hooks on backwards'
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

Justin - no one can stop a big tiger nailing you from behind. But we move on when the ones we can see get frisky.

Stuart - it was at least 7 metres long.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
stuart
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Liquid Gold and doing the Mackarina

Post by stuart »

7 metre whale shark very envious