One day hunt

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
Melv
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

One day hunt

Post by Melv »

Got some friends coming from south over the school holidays who are looking to do a 1 day hunt while they're here. Is anyone aware of any operators who offer just a day out as opposed to multi day safaris? Any feedback appreciated.

:cheers:

Melv

NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Re: One day hunt

Post by NT Wombat »

Helihunt do one day trips but wont be cheap. What are they looking to hunt? And how? Guns, dogs, bow?
Melv
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Melv »

Pretty sure they're just keen to get out and shoot a few pigs Wombat. Running a pretty tight schedule so were just hoping to get out for a day. I told them I didn't think it was that easy but thought I'd put the question out there.

Melv
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Mate without knowing someone with a lot of land or going out to the safari hunt camp at Coburg there's not a lot of places to shoot that still hold pigs. Few around the Blackmore reserve and Howard swamp but not many... Good luck
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Try mrwsafaris.com. Not too far out of town, if anyone can cater for a one day safari it will be them
Melv
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Melv »

Thanks Wombat, they were the only ones I could dig up as well.

Must be plenty of fishos who make the trip up and would like to have a shot while they're here. You'd think there's a huge opportunity to cull some ferals in our NP's and offer employment opportunities to some locals at the same time. Surely a win/win.

Melv
fish4me123
Seadog
Seadog

Post by fish4me123 »

The trouble is if they can't find a feral a sigh post. bird or cattle become the target. It's sad but true.
tight lines
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

True fish4me. Plenty of fellas move up here thinking theres heaps of opportunity to get out hunting but the reality is nearly all the country up here is off limits unless you know someone. The hunting reserves are flogged (although still pigs in there if your switched on), there's basically no crown land and everything else is station or aboriginal land. The amount of poaching going on is unreal and will result in police coming down hard on all hunters.
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Sad but true Jamie, they will stuff it for the rest of us
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Yep, I have worked my ass off to get property access in the past only to have managers crack the sh*ts with poachers and ban hunting on their places altogether. Cant blame them either. Even though it will no doubt mean a bit of humbug I'm keen as for the cops to start cracking down on poachers and handing out some decent penalties. Nothing worse than rocking up to hunt where you have permission and following some a holes tracks around from the night before, or coming across dead pigs when you know your the only bloke out there with access to the place.