Lever shotty stirs the pot

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Lever shotty stirs the pot

Post by AJay »

Just another case of whingers trying to get something banned because it doesn't tickle their fancy. Hopefully they don't succeed this time. Starting to get pretty sick of this country turning into a bunch of softcocks who want to ban anything that doesn't fit in with their latte sipping inner city culture.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Wonder how it would go as a goose gun???
AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Post by AJay »

Matt Flynn wrote:Wonder how it would go as a goose gun???
Be fun to find out i reckon
qiksix
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by qiksix »

The media are f#@ked, the video shows clips of semi autos, 1 snip of a lever. I dont really know what they are worried about, i reckon you could get more shots out of a double barrel in a minute compared to semi auto/lever action anyway. They are a pain in the ass to load, i always had access to a semi auto down south and id rather shoot my under and over any day...
Bellfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Bellfish »

i was gonna get one but then i had the option of a ten gauge bolt action passed to me so 3 round bolt action 10 gauge on its way it will definetly do more damage on the swamp then those lever actions high birds are no longer safe :twisted: :twisted:
darwinguy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by darwinguy »

I have an order in for one
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

They are still bashing it ... http://www.news.com.au/national/politic ... 1fd12c79e9

Wouldn't mind one myself, some duck shooting down here.
CharFin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by CharFin »

Media and pollies have latched onto the 'rapid fire' buzz word since moving on from "semi auto" and there is no sensible discussion. At a pre 1996 claybird shoot with a set up throwing dozens of clay birds for 10 + shooters a guy with a millitary style 8 shot pump action looked the goods but after 9 shots the double barrels were well ahead in shots and targets hit. Reloading was slow. Highest number of shots was from a side by side, and the blokes that hit the targets were the ones who could shoot - not whether they had a fancy gun. Can't believe the effort and 'concern' that goes into the anti gun debate when the same people are happy to have wanna be terriosts wandering our streets because their passport has been confiscated - don't want to impinge on their human rights .

Return to “Hunter”