Great goose season

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Great goose season

Post by jonr »

Well I haven't been doing much fishing lately as the goose hunting has been so good. This year has been outstanding with the geese flying in flight paths that allowed easy hunting for all.

Bagged out most trips - and yesterday got my 7 geese and 10 ducks by 7:02.

Here are a few pic from the year.
Hope you enjoy
Jon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Great goose season

Post by cuddlescooper »

Do you ever have bad trips Jon? It seems you smack what ever your chasing out of the park every time!
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Well done Jon and crew
It has been an awesome season Jon and it makes me wonder where the people got there counts for Bess Price to give us a reduced bag limit
Lets hope next season is as good or better than this one
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Actually shaggy funny you should mention that. A mate of mine and I were having a discussion about that on our last shoot. We shoot on a mates private property and always do well. But seeing reports the reserves still doing well too. We discussed how the reporting system they have for hunters feedback is inconvenient for alot. Filling out the form etc and having to either post it or hand it in yourself. The fact most people won't be carrying that sheet with them every hunt and having to go out of your way to sort it. Also without incentives like winning a shotgun, ammo etc. He was suggesting that because 99 per cent of hunter will have their phone on them it'd probably be easier to an electronic system with a heap of tick boxes. For example

Area- have options for each reserve and another option for private property.

Species- have a list of species with tick boxes and number with tick boxes.

Time- just have a calender option

And finally have a spot for you to fill your permit number which they'd be able to bring up details such as license and personal details.

A system like that would take a minutes you could do it immediately after each hunt and submit it straight away.

And of course incentives would be bl..dy nice.

We thought this would be a far superior system as seeing no paperwork would be lost through post etc. And you wouldn't have to go out of your way to drive to parks and wildlife.
Although highly doubt government would invest money into something like this but personally I think they'd get more accurate numbers. Where we were shooting endless amount of geese. Not so many in duck area. So why 7 geese 10 ducks??

Just my 2 cents

Gibbsy
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Great hunting report, miss the goose schnitzels :mrgreen:
barnzy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by barnzy »

Hey Jon, how's the quad going?
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

great guns - were you the guy i brought it from? the other day was riding through the swap with 2 adults and 3 small kids also towing a 400 canam which had belt issues.
barnzy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by barnzy »

Yer mate, not much to go wrong on them, all air cooled. Kicking my self for selling it now.... Oh well I needed a bigger boat ha ha