Stolen rods

Buy, sell and giveaway. Private sales and FFF sponsors only.
BJOBrien
Gold Member
Gold Member

Stolen rods

Post by BJOBrien »

Spent the afternoon yesterday repairing 2 rods, one was a Daiwa Swamp Donkey with a snapped butt, the other a Silstar Deep Blue Power Tip just needed a top eye. I bl..dy went all out too, sleeved the Swamp Donkey with 300mm of graphite blank, fully glued with proper resin, on the Silstar I used hot melt glue for the new eye and cos I had the time I put some binding on it, as well as some filler, all ready for a couple of coats of varnish. I was bl..dy rapt with my efforts, had a Charter Special for the Silstar ready and was gonna buy another Stradic for the Swamp Donkey, just to add to my collection and to keep as back-up outfits for visitors. They were left under my carport here in Nightcliff overnight as the glue etc dried, come out this morning aaaaand they're gone! I'm filthy, not so much at the monetary value of the rods that are gone, but the work I put in. Nothing else was taken. Anyway, if you see the above mentioned rods in someone's possession, should be pretty recognisable, Daiwa has bottom of EVA grip sliced off where I inserted the blank, and the Silstar has an oversized top eye that has been bound on and lacquered by an amateur!

dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Stolen rods

Post by dannett »

CU in the NT
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

That sux mate. A big dogs the only thing that stops em these days.
Hutcho1977
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hutcho1977 »

I reckon claymores and punjie traps are the go now. I'm in Johnston and apparently the little f&@kers are just opening gates and luring the dogs outside the fence now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BJOBrien
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by BJOBrien »

I guess I've been lucky over the last couple of years considering what I've left out there at times. Might invest in a trail cam
CCO625
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CCO625 »

Why cameras? Courts will just let em off even if you have footage and caught them redhanded. But if you find them and do anything you are the bad guy?
Mate caught some on camera a while back..faces..rego..and all they got was to write a sorry letter...
Bet they won't do that again.
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

I was speaking with a shop owner who got broken into the other day. Clear footage of the kid raiding the till. Even clearer shot of him coming in earlier that night to case the joint out. Cops told him "yeah we know that kid and his mates but we can't find."
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

No different down here January 2016 at Hamilton job two guys took down temporary fence at 2pm Sunday afternoon in reisidential area. Walked our 5 tonne excavator and a bob cat up out of the excavation and onto tilt tray. All an CCTV clear footage of both couz Bros faces in their hi vis. The D s came round Monday downloaded the footage and never heard another thing.
STOKESY77
Seadog
Seadog

Post by STOKESY77 »

I have always had a dog growing up and have never had a break in but we also used to have a dirty big chain and padlock on the gate of a night! My old man also used to have super human hearing and would wake up if he heard a pin drop. Made it really hard for me and my brother to sneak out for parties!
Give a man a fish, You'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, You'll feed him for a lifetime!
Captain6979
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Captain6979 »

Mate, ticks like that, who steal your stuff should be on fishing trips.....as anchors..
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

Darwins not the place it used to be...
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
Finatic2
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Finatic2 »

Scum. take em to Gunn Point beach on a spring tide at night and leave them in their jocks, let the midgies teach em a lesson.
Fish stories told here....some true !!!

When in doubt...exaggerate !!