billfishing this weekend whos keen??

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Its getting that time of the year, this time last year we got a nice sail and a couple of weeks later fought a large marling for quite a while, theres perfect tides and moon phases and all that hoo har coming up at the end of this month.

upnorth73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by upnorth73 »

Hey double haul, how did you go out at the Patches. Looked like good weather for it, would have been there myself if I had the time.

Cheers...
double haul

Post by double haul »

Not a thing seen, was a little lumpy out there. Plenty of bait sitting on the east side of the patches up to the bottom of the gutter. Stoneys ledge had a small school of tuna. Came back at 11 and it was calm as in around the 6 mile bouy. Will do another trip out there next weekend reccying for the billie comp. :mrgreen:
upnorth73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by upnorth73 »

I have heard of bulk bait just west of the Vernons also this weekend, but nothing much on the chew. Hope it sparks up for the comp, we'll be out around the patches and gutters on the 31st during the comp but couldn't get time off work to enter myself. Keep an eye out for 6.25 Cruisecraft Outsider, and we'll report anything sighted on 72.
Still very green to billfishing but haven't been this gee'd up for fishing in years.
Cheers... :fishy:
double haul

Post by double haul »

Hitting nrth gutter on sunday for a pre comp fish. Even if its a little windy, sam sh*t diffrent day. Blue gs ch72.
upnorth73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by upnorth73 »

double haul wrote:Hitting nrth gutter on sunday for a pre comp fish. Even if its a little windy, sam sh*t diffrent day. Blue gs ch72.
We're going to be fishing that area on the Saturday of the comp, like I said before couldn't avoid work on the thurs/fri but happy to report anything seen on ch72 on the Sat to help get some fish caught.

Has anyone caught any bills in that area in the last month or so???

Cheers...
reel easy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by reel easy »

double haul all the fish we have hooked or landed of late have all been on swimming mullet .had queenies skip gar pusher gar the whole lot had sails on teasers and marlin brought baits on them only to go for misses swimming mullet baits .i will have to be careful in the comp i could get a butt kicking by her.
double haul

Post by double haul »

Anyone keen on tagging along this weekend 12/12 same sh*t as always blue gs ch72, heading to stoneys ledge then the bottom of nth gutter on sat. If something happens will be heading out on sunday as well.
natural sparks
Seadog
Seadog

Post by natural sparks »

might be able to get out for this as long as work permits will pm ya on thurs prolly
got this great lookin squid string on wire im keen to try again..........

oops i mean i will have to get me one of them jiggers...
When I grow up I can't wait to be a grown up...........
double haul

Post by double haul »

Bit last minute i know but what the hell looks like the winds dying off so heading out tommorow to fenton n maybe north gutter if its calm. Same sh*t as always blue gs ch72 :mrgreen:
natural sparks
Seadog
Seadog

Post by natural sparks »

Gday bretto how was it on the weekend
get amongst it or a bit quiet???
When I grow up I can't wait to be a grown up...........
double haul

Post by double haul »

Had 1 pop up and strike a gar but the release clip was to tight. Buy the time i realised what was happening the fish had left with his breaky.
double haul

Post by double haul »

Well its in the blood now. Bazzas are down the bottom of the food chain with powertails n billies are all i can think about :lol: Looking at an attack at north gutter this saturday n sunday then a overnighter at the city mid week next week if this wind plays the game. Anyone keep on tagging along on either trip?
double haul

Post by double haul »

Looking at the wind n thinking of hitting dundee this weekend anyone keen. Will stay at the lodge sat night just for something different. Might go looking nnw sunday for some new ground if theres another boat or 2.
Brent Matthews
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Brent Matthews »

We were planing on Heading down there Friday night or Sat morning, we will be in a White 6.7 Noble Centre Cab with a 140 Suki, keen to catch up for a :cheers: and :rofl:
Brent
Cheers
BD

'May your fishing spots be silted and your hooks on backwards'