Manton Last Night

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Manton Last Night

Post by Blinky »

Did the run out to Manton last night, in another attempt to confirm that five days before the full moon is the go. Quite a few others were thinking along the same lines as well. Ended up being a pretty uneventful night except for the one little rat trolled up from a very fishy looking ridge.

Tried trolling all the usual haunts for a few halfhearted smacks, tossed Nightwalkers around the rocks for a while for nothing. There was a bit of surface action……no full-on boofs, just a bit of movement, I don’t think it was Barra.

The water is down about a metre on it’s usual level I guess, the water release isn’t really noticeable, I was expecting to see a big difference.

Although it was another unproductive trip it was good to have a night out with the Missus and youngest bloke……..beats the hell out of coach-potatoing!

If you do venture out to Manton just be careful of boats ripping around with no lights (not even a torch on) and others that persist in having their spotties on all the time; really good for the night vision of others fellas!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

There's gotta be a 60pound plus fish lurking around there somewhere, someone's got to have a crack at pulling one out this build up.
Alot of tarpon getting around blinky? what about rainbows? the last time i did a night session which was last build up the whole dam was rippling with bait, big lazy over fed barra no wonder there difficult to catch :| .
Image Image
swamp_donkey89
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Manton Last Night

Post by swamp_donkey89 »

To much food to choose from n to hard to fool hey