THREADYBUSTERS

willow300
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: THREADYBUSTERS

Post by willow300 »

Was fishing red cliffs last weekend. Nearly a 80-90cm Jewy every drop on baits at night. Changed to a Thready, first drop, BAAMMO! Biggest Jewy for the night!

swamp_donkey89
Seadog
Seadog

Post by swamp_donkey89 »

Anyone know where they are stocked in Darwin?neverywhere seems to be sold out haha
Old Mate
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Old Mate »

Swampy, I was in at Frenchy's the other day and he had some if I remember correctly.
jdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by jdog »

Go to weflickfishing.com.au for all ur lure needs ;)
swamp_donkey89
Seadog
Seadog

Post by swamp_donkey89 »

Yeah heading out to palmy tomorrow so I'll stop buy and grab a few. If I could I'd buy them all!! I'll also have a look at this web site
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

Went down to Casaurina Ck in Fitzroy R delta with nephew yesterday.

Nephew was casting thready-buster into likely barra/threadfin spot. I was interested in something else and was sitting with back towards him.

Next thing, fumble-fingers lost hold of rod on the cast and it promptly went over the side hitting me on head as it went. He made a despairing and unsuccessful dive to stop it disappearing and ended up on my lap.

Nephew plays rugby union senior division in second row so is not of slight build.

After receiving a sudden head blow and a large squirming body on top of me (no Doug- I didn't think that my luck had changed) and not knowing what had happened, I immediately assumed the worst. A croc had climbed into the boat!!

Being cool, calm and collected, I tip-toed around the gunwale 3 times at amazing speed while trying to work out if it was safe or if we were going to die. I could see nephew on floor and thought " that's the way nephew. You wrestle him on the floor and I'll head for the bank. I'll be back with help later!."

When sanity returned we were having a nice cold beer to commiserate.

Considering that what fumble-fingers had lost over the side was a Kistler graphite rod and ABU Revo baicaster (about $350 worth) that I had given him about 12 months ago, I thought he'd be feeling poorly so I tried to make light of the situation to cheer him up a bit.

Ungrateful bugger complained that it was his last thready-buster that had gone over the side and why didn't I understand how upsetting that was!!!

Can't win sometimes. I thought that maybe he had a point and I was not an understanding person ços I hadn't thought about his bl..dy thready-buster. So I promised never to tell anybody and particularly never to say anything about it to him during the day as he'd feel sad.

So I didn't (almost).

Didn't catch any fish either.

So it was a great trip!
Regards
Ronje
Sasa23
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sasa23 »

All my Threadybusters (5) dont swim straight, they all pull wickedly to the left, and dont have any vibration or action at all. I've used clips, loop knots, and even a direct tie on. Maybe I got a bad batch, but at the moment far from impressed.
Threadybuster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Threadybuster »

Sasa23 wrote:All my Threadybusters (5) dont swim straight, they all pull wickedly to the left, and dont have any vibration or action at all. I've used clips, loop knots, and even a direct tie on. Maybe I got a bad batch, but at the moment far from impressed.

I'm done with the threadybusters. I have 3 left, you can have them if you want. The don't swim and all pull off horribly to the right. I think the are rubbish. Maybe I bought duds.

Last edited by Sasa23 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mate if you are going to deliberately trash talk a product for whatever reason you may have at least keep your story the same.

If your not happy with the lures just take them back to the shop and get them to test them, if there is a problem more than happy to refund or replace them.
Sasa23
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sasa23 »

When you pull the lure towards you it moves off to the left of the user, but the lure moves to the right when looking at the lures direction of travel. My appologies for explaining it in confusing terms.

I will be taking them back this week.
Threadybuster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Threadybuster »

No problem, which shop are you returning them to ill forward this thread on so they test them to your satisfaction.
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

ronje wrote:Went down to Casaurina Ck in Fitzroy R delta with nephew yesterday.

Nephew was casting thready-buster into likely barra/threadfin spot. I was interested in something else and was sitting with back towards him.

Next thing, fumble-fingers lost hold of rod on the cast and it promptly went over the side hitting me on head as it went. He made a despairing and unsuccessful dive to stop it disappearing and ended up on my lap.

Nephew plays rugby union senior division in second row so is not of slight build.

After receiving a sudden head blow and a large squirming body on top of me (no Doug- I didn't think that my luck had changed) and not knowing what had happened, I immediately assumed the worst. A croc had climbed into the boat!!

Being cool, calm and collected, I tip-toed around the gunwale 3 times at amazing speed while trying to work out if it was safe or if we were going to die. I could see nephew on floor and thought " that's the way nephew. You wrestle him on the floor and I'll head for the bank. I'll be back with help later!."

When sanity returned we were having a nice cold beer to commiserate.

Considering that what fumble-fingers had lost over the side was a Kistler graphite rod and ABU Revo baicaster (about $350 worth) that I had given him about 12 months ago, I thought he'd be feeling poorly so I tried to make light of the situation to cheer him up a bit.

Ungrateful bugger complained that it was his last thready-buster that had gone over the side and why didn't I understand how upsetting that was!!!

Can't win sometimes. I thought that maybe he had a point and I was not an understanding person ços I hadn't thought about his bl..dy thready-buster. So I promised never to tell anybody and particularly never to say anything about it to him during the day as he'd feel sad.

So I didn't (almost).

Didn't catch any fish either.

So it was a great trip!
Classic, :lol: :rofl: Did you try rigging a heavy bean/treble and try snagging it back.??
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

Yeah Graham. Tried that. No success.

As tide dropped to 3 metres of water, nephew wanted to go over the side and try to find it.

I suggested that he might like to consider tying the anchor around his neck to keep him on the bottom in the run while he searched. But he didn't seem to think that the idea was as good as I thought it was.

Anyway, I suspect his motive was only to retrieve the threadybuster.
Regards
Ronje
Sasa23
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sasa23 »

I will be taking them to Kalka B&T it think
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

Have u been getting any advice from Deano?
Regards
Ronje
Sasa23
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sasa23 »

Yes a little,

Return to “Lures”