East point sunday morning

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

East point sunday morning

Post by john d »

Went for a quick flick down east point on Sunday morning.
With fantastic weather it was good to finally get out for a fish
Quite a crowd at the rocks on nightcliff side so went to the rock point next to the small beach.
With the tide rising I managed to get out to the edge of the rocks with a bit of wading.
First cast a nice little queenie slammed the rooster popper and put up a good fight. :mrgreen:
Was great to see it come in in the clear water. Went 58cm.
Tossed the popper around for a while longer but nothing else was interested.
another fisho got some queenies as well on chromies so there were a few around.
While there I watched a boat come from Darwin side of the reef and run straight onto it. :banghead:
You could clearly see the change in the water where the reef starts so was surprised when they hit it.
They took a while to get going again and headed back the way they came, must have done some damage.
Had a few more casts and decided to head over to the Darwin side of the reef.
As I was wading back I watched another boat hit the reef in the exactly the same spot. :bonk:
These guys managed to get going again quickly and headed out and around, couldn't have don't any damage.
Fished the Darwin side of the reef for zip.
As I was heading back watched another boat trawl over the same spot of reef, he got 30m in and snagged up his lures.
Spent a bit of time getting his gear back.
What was going on yesterday???
Fished this spot for years and haven't seen one boat hit the reef then 2 in one morning.]
The reef is quite obvious so cant work out how they missed it.
Hope these guys don't do any night trips to this area :lolpoint: :lolpoint:
Apologies for the quality of the pics using an old camera
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: East point sunday morning

Post by Agent86 »

reef comes up pretty quick there, can see it easily though and is marked clearly on any GPS charts.

bit strange that people were trying to drive straight over it, mustve misjudged the tide a little.

good to see you got a fish, well done.

great spot to flick lures around there, both from the shore and the boat back towards the reef, got some ripper queenies and trevors there over the years.
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
Wuhc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wuhc »

Nice catch. Love the top water stuff. I ended up getting one too on the Sat morning spring; 30g chromie instead though

I've also noticed ppl coming up real close but never seen anyone hit the reef lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Plate Size
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Plate Size »

:wink: some boaties think they are operating a dozzer. Nice queenie, :applause: Missed the east point rocks, it's been awhile since I fished the place, :roll: my knees are gettin old balancing around uneven grounds. East point is a queenie, garfish, mullet playground, I may say :mrgreen: milkfishes as visitors. Got to check that area again , hopefully soon.
There is a strange feeling about land-based fishing that lures me back time after time.....by Jarrod Day @ fishingmonthly.com.au
john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by john d »

my knees are gettin old balancing around uneven grounds.
Know how you feel Plate size after a knee replacement and ankle fusion I feel it when I go there as well.
Feeling my age sometimes.. :cry: