Anyone fished Lake Bennett this year?

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Lake Bennett

Post by dodgyone »

Took the Mrs down for our anniversary in March. Apparently there are VERY big barra in there but certainly didnt get any. Put a cherabin pot in but lucked out and an evening session with scum frogs and poppers only produced one half hearted strike. Wasnt really supposed to be a fishing trip so didnt really hit it hard.
I believe the trick is to float live cherabin off the jetty at night. The previous gardener became very good at pulling some rather large fish out.
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
chanos
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Lake Bennet

Post by chanos »

Have trolled amongst the timber there from a canoe, 1 hookup which just turned into a shitfight getting towed around a tree and busted up. Lots of big cherabin in there and have floated them at night but only powertails so far.

Chanos.
Fishing is not a matter of life and death, it is far more serious than that.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

lake

Post by Matt Flynn »

So no one has been down there since?
leopard
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: lake

Post by leopard »

Matt Flynn wrote:So no one has been down there since?
went down earlier this year chasing mostly sooties, didnt happen tho i saw a very nice barra free swim about an arms length infront of the pontoon.i was told to throw little plastics for the soots and i didnt even get a touch. any suggestions?
the rat king :
NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY:
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Anyone fished Lake Bennett this year?

Post by Edo »

WOW..............10 years between posts,must not fish too well :lol: :bonk: :drinking1:
Edo
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

People tend to keep Bennett and Manton successes quiet.

Except that bloke who caught the whopper in Bennett a while back, and made the newspaper ...
souva31
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by souva31 »

Was down there couple of weekends ago for the Gone Fishing Day - took my son down to try it out - fun day, but didn't catch anything personally. More of a family outing than a serious fishing expedition. Saw a few other people pull in a few different small fish species - cod, archerfish and a few others not sure of the species - are small tarpon found in lakes - if so, so a few photos of those taken afterwards. I think they picked that lake as it's meant to be croc free with so many young kids running around. sunglasses mandatory with all the young kids waving rods and hooks around.
cdunn78

Post by cdunn78 »

Went down on the weekend for the first time with it being more of a bending right arm trip with family and friends vs fishing. Just spent time on the pontoon flicking lures and teaching mate how to use a bait caster. I landed a 30cm Sooty and had few bumps while my other mate spent a few hours in a canoe flicking the timber with no luck. I landed the Sooty just on dusk.