New Member - Simmo83 from Karratha W.A

Simmo83
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

New Member - Simmo83 from Karratha W.A

Post by Simmo83 »

Figurered I better introduce myself to you all as I hope to be a regular contributor on here in the coming years. My name is Bruce and I've moved to Darwin from Karratha in W.A in the Pilbara, I know a few of you are aware of what the fishing is like over there from Dodgy and Pete Faulkner, we really did have a speciall place that didn't get much pressure from visitors as Exmouth took all that off us. I fished out of there for too many years, as a teenager with my best mate as a 14 year old until now.

I moved up in boat size and price over the years, I started with a 4.1 ex bream comp boat for rivers and in close in the islands, my preference was always leaning towards Bluewater fishing as the creeks in summer are bl..dy hot so being out in that on a still day was hard work so I moved to a 5.3m centre console Polycraft, that didn't last long but it did get my first taste for bill fishing and it went from there.

I now have a 625 Cruisecraft Outsider with a 200hp Yamaha that I brought 5 years ago with 40 hours on her, I've since racked up over 750 hours chasing everything from squid to Marlin off Dampier. I've brought her north with me but really finding it hard to take out in regards to the small windows for bottom bashing and the clarity of water making Billy's tougher than back home.

I've also brought Disco's polycraft to get out more often and to get that Barra bug, so far 340mm is my records of some work to do there. I hope to meet a few of you over this journey and share whatever knowledge I can about bill fishing to those who want to know and ask the silly Barra questions to you gurus.

Cheers!
ImageImage

Bruce Simpson
197 Pioneer Sportfish - 175hp Honda.
Ex Sandgroper from Karratha
Member of KBGFC and DGFC.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: New Member - Simmo83 from Karratha W.A

Post by nomad »

Gday
nice fish :clap:
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Welcome aboard Bruce

Might catch you up out and about on the Bluewater

Love it myself

Cheers 86
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
Marro
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Marro »

Love those outsiders. One of the best boats ever made. Would have one myself if I didn't spend so much time chasing those elusive Barra. Great pics!