SHADY

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Fruity
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: SHADY

Post by Fruity »

Neck it, fillet it , No worries then about 90 cm rule then. Heaps of big releasd fish are taken by sharks or crocs anyway. it use to be 2 only fish at shady, now 3, so that must mean there is plenty to go around, Especially every one fishing for then in what was a closed breeding season.

Cheers :cheers:
Fruity

Fishing is a condition of mind wherein you cannot possibly have a bad time.
Zane Grey.
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

Might get interesting in court with that wording.

The measurements are all in cm so a 90.9cm fish is a 90cm fish. A pretty good argument that the two fish are not over 90cm.

Great catch and no skin off my nose if you kept them.
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Well done Bob, a good feed for 3 families there
I fish for a feed these days ,I've released my share of fish over the years
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
mac10
Seadog
Seadog

Post by mac10 »

When I saw you on Friday you just landed your 87....and you had a women in the boat.... and there was only 2 of you...... and to prove my point, one the 'blokes' has some pretty nice toe nail polish on in your photo.
Just to be clear as well, I don't care if you try to justify your interpretation of the laws, thats your issue. But don't lie on the forum to try to justify your point and then have a whinge and say you're not going to contribute anymore. A lot of people on here don't usually keep bigger fish as more of a moral rule to themselves, but you have the right to fish as per the regulations. But don't go getting upset if you push the boundaries of the law then post them.
Also on a side note, you kicked our ass, we couldn't get a fish all day.
Chris
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

Yeah you've hit the nail on the head there Lats
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

tristan.sloan wrote:Yeah you've hit the nail on the head there Lats
I still don't understand??

Lats: A personal possesion limit of 3 barrumundi under 90cm & A Vessel limit of 1 barrumundi over 90cm overall length.
90 cm is your max 1 for vessel limit.

Got no issue with the x3 personal possession limit (altho my interpretration is AT 90cm rather than under 90cm - also no biggie for me as it would be
insane on about 10 different levels for anyone to be 'done' for an errant 10ml measure!!).

Can't get my head around the vessel limit of x1 over 90cm?? Does this mean that if fishing solo, I can technically neck x2 at say 89cm and x1 at 125cm ??
trent
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by trent »

I think the 1 over 90 rules there so that if you did catch and release a bigger fish but goes belly up, you can take it.
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

Yes Slug, that's how I would read the legislation at least. My understanding the rule was created so boat fishos could keep a big fish that they couldn't release
pauliee
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pauliee »

i dont understand i copied and pasted from gov. site and it says maximum length 90cm not 89cm can someone pls explain for me

55cm minimum overall length, minimum fillet length 27cm.
Mary River Fish Management Zone and Daly River Fish Management Zone: 90cm maximum overall length, three per person possession limit and vessel limit of 1 fish over 90cm overall length.
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

Pretty simple, draw a line on ya brag mag at the 90 cm mark, if it's over that line then you must try to release, but can keep it (one) if it won't revive. If it's under that 90 cm line neck away if you want too.

But I think people were pointing it out to start with as they thought he may not have known he was breaking the rules. Seems he knows, and was he happy to risk his boat dancing very close to the line in the hope that a bit of grey may get him off if got picked up for it.
I wouldn't be prepared to risk it
fish4me123
Seadog
Seadog

Post by fish4me123 »

There are more downers than positive people here. A fishing mate posted some reef fish on face book and was given the third degree. There were 6 in my boat and we were well under the limit.
tight lines
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

90cm is the limit so 90.1cm is over the limit. It is very simple

They have to have a defined limit so they can enforce the law. I’m sure no one would get nailed for a 90.1cm fish or even 91cm fish.
Just trim it a bit! :twisted:
The same for road speed limits. If its 100 then you are speeding if you drive 100.1 km/h but you would never get done for it.
In NSW many years ago, the premier said that the cops have a 10% fudge mark on the limit. The reporters asked him if it was ok to drive at 109 km/h and he stupidly said yes.

Im also sure that most here wouldn’t keep a big female unless it died while tyring to swim it. not all but most
wazdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by wazdog »

Yeah your right fish4me123, I mentioned on this forum that I use Velvet Soap (which is natural) to catch Cherabin and got abused by some bloke telling me that i was destroying the environment of the fish and to stop it straight away. You have to be careful what you say as there are a lot of keyboard warriors on this site that apparently know everything.
wazdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by wazdog »

PS 90.1 cm barra is not legal!!! there are rules and regulations for a reason.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

You have to be careful what you say as there are a lot of keyboard warriors on this site that apparently know everything.
People are sometimes too quick to jump on things publicly. If there is an issue, send a PM.

On Facebook many posts have someone picking the original posts or commenters apart.