mandorah jetty

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
rorza

mandorah jetty

Post by rorza »

Hi Guys brand new to the forum hows everyone going?
I've lived in Darwin for 3 years but haven't really gotten back into fishing until recently, i have done a couple of trips to buffalo creek with not much luck and was thinking of doing a day at mandorah jetty next wednesday and was wondering if you fellas had any tips to help us out.
cheers

craigk82

Re: mandorah jetty

Post by craigk82 »

Hey guys I'm heading down to perons for the first time on Monday. Just wondering if I should throw some crab pots in ? If so, some hints of where to place them would be great ! Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RedDevil
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RedDevil »

Rorza, have a look through previous posts about Mandorah Jetty. Heaps of info
I haven't been down there for a few years, but when I did go, live bait was the go. Take a jig and throw net to get some sardines. Throw them out on a balloon. Take a spin rod and throw some spinners around while waiting. I had best results on tide changes that coincided with sunrise or sunset
STOKESY77
Seadog
Seadog

Post by STOKESY77 »

Maribu jigs work well there, also take a sardine jig to get some livebait :mrgreen:
Give a man a fish, You'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, You'll feed him for a lifetime!
STOKESY77
Seadog
Seadog

Post by STOKESY77 »

craigk82 wrote:Hey guys I'm heading down to perons for the first time on Monday. Just wondering if I should throw some crab pots in ? If so, some hints of where to place them would be great ! Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What a hijack :applause: maybe get more responses making a new thread :idea: sorry mate not having a go at you, just stating the obvious :mrgreen:
Give a man a fish, You'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, You'll feed him for a lifetime!
rorza

Post by rorza »

Thanks fellas had a awesome day not alot of fish but pulled a hammerhead upto the jetty wich made it all worth it