Byno on neaps??

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Byno on neaps??

Post by mickkk »

Heading to crab claw island in the 21/22 of this month.
Have fished byno a little, but never on neap tides.
Will have a heap of people there all wanting me to put them on Fish. At night I will hopefully sit on the Jew reef, but not too sure which way I should head in the day. On the Sunday morning I will go for a flick, with a 3 m low. But all the other tide changes have very little movement.
Any tips or gut feelings would be appreciated. Not fussed of what fish, as long as they ain't round with holes in the middle with cinnamon sugar on.

I would also appreciate it if no one could catch fish at shady this weekend, as I know that's probably where I should be, but being social instead.
Cheers Mickey

mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Byno on neaps??

Post by mickkk »

And when I say any info will be appreciated, I mean anything expect goldfish's 2 bob ...
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

I usually launch at crab claw and head out to Bass reef for goldies at night. Usually do OK.
itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by itsinmeblood »

Some rockbars and nice drains in the channel at the southern end of indian island got barra salmon trevally queenies and goldies in this area
fish are skinny, the ocean is fat
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

jabsy wrote:I usually launch at crab claw and head out to Bass reef for goldies at night. Usually do OK.
Yep - or in close behind Quail Island, or the drop-offs along the channel between Quail & Middle Reef - may be a bit of a trip from
Crab Claw tho if sea is sloppy.
The other alternative (which I must admit I've always personally found VERY hit & miss) is the drop-offs/ledge close in on the SE end of Indian Island.