War.

Put your poll about non-fishing topics here.
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

War.

Post by olfart »

Is North Korea serious??

" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: War.

Post by nomad »

'As of now, inter-Korea relations enter a state of war and all matters between the two Koreas will be handled according to wartime protocol," the statement said.'

The two Koreas have always technically remained at war because the 1950-53 Korean War concluded with an armistice rather than a peace treaty.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-03-30/n ... th/4601962

They are crazy enough to get into it again.
Yanks will love it, war = money for them
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

Took it off th chat so it didn't clog th works..

Did some reading on the china/ N Korea Pact, It' still in effect and this could get really nasty if th yanks stick their bib in.
Faaarkin lunatics at th wheel.
China will honour th Pact rather than lose face, even tho' they aren't happy about NK's nuke testing.
Last time, china committed 1/2 million troops and th weaponry as soon as the yanks got into it.
Be silly to under-estimate this situation, I reckon.
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
jersy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jersy »

Scary cr.p alright,O.F.! Those buggers have got nukes and are just itching to use them. And yep, looks like they are serious. .
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

nomad wrote:'As of now, inter-Korea relations enter a state of war and all matters between the two Koreas will be handled according to wartime protocol," the statement said.'

The two Koreas have always technically remained at war because the 1950-53 Korean War concluded with an armistice rather than a peace treaty.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-03-30/n ... th/4601962

They are crazy enough to get into it again.
Yanks will love it, war = money for them
might be stupid question but how yanks make money, i thought if they got invovled in another war it would hurt there pockets
norrs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by norrs »

Yep and right now we should be rethinking aligning ourselves so close to the yanks. Darwin, tindal and pine gap are all legit targets. We need a foreign policy more like the kiwis = Western countries will back you up if attacked but you don't turn yourself into an enemy or a target. We have the former but not the latter.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
norrs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by norrs »

ponyplay wrote:
might be stupid question but how yanks make money, i thought if they got invovled in another war it would hurt there pockets
Selling arms after the war.

Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

My lord, what cr.p lay off the sauce norr.
----------------------------
-----------------------------
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

ponyplay wrote:might be stupid question but how yanks make money, i thought if they got invovled in another war it would hurt there pockets

Nah, not stupid at all mate. I agree that the US would be hard pressed to enter another war
US supply Sth korea etc. with smart bombs, aircraft etc. etc.worth billions
They all need replacing after a skirmish and that helps their economy
Whole cities in the US rely on making bits for conventional wars

Unfortunately, if the current Nth K nutter lets a few big A bombs go, there might be no need to replace anything. :evil:
Meanwhile, their people starve
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

The yanks don't believe that N Korea can deliver a nuclear device by missle. They have at least one bomb. They have missiles. But apparently not the ability not out them together.

However, if N Korea fires a missile (even a conventional one) at S Korea or the US, the yanks will treat it as a nuclear one. Those 2 B2 Stealth bombers were a clear message to N Korea and China. China will telling the N Korean lunatic to pull his head in at the moment.

The US will be locked and cocked with airpower in the region at the moment. Their satellite systems will be looking for the first signs of a missile launch. They used those devices to great effect in the 1st Gulf war and the technology has improved markedly in the 20 years since.

There'll also be a message to Iran in this.
Regards
Ronje
norrs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by norrs »

Ben Jam wrote:My lord, what cr.p lay off the sauce norr.
Mate the yanks sold something like $66 billion in arms sales in 2011. That's 50 percent of the annual cost of the war on terror each year and that ends now.

A short war like nk would costs stuff all but it will give them a chance to show off new weapons systems to potential buyers.

For example the 78 days of bombing of Serbia cost only $5 billion that's nothing given the arms sales.
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

norrs wrote:Yep and right now we should be rethinking aligning ourselves so close to the yanks. Darwin, tindal and pine gap are all legit targets. We need a foreign policy more like the kiwis = Western countries will back you up if attacked but you don't turn yourself into an enemy or a target. We have the former but not the latter.

This is what I was talking about.

Have a little read of this, its not going to say you're wrong, im right, but details our position in the south a little better. We can't afford to just sit back like New Zealand, we have a lot more resources then New Zealand and we have lot more responsibility in the region to our neighbouring countries.

http://www.quadrant.org.au/magazine/iss ... al-decline
blowski
Seadog
Seadog

Post by blowski »

Doubt anything will happen, if they start something it will be ended pretty quickly. I heard a good comment the other day, for them to start a war would be like someone going to Times Square with a handgun and trying to shoot everyone, you would get a few casualties but after the first few people,would turn on you and you wouldn't last long... They are surrounded by the us, china Russia etc doubt they would try, more a muscle flex
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

Not worth it to china to make enemies at the moment, which makes North Korea a toothless tiger.
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fishfanatic »

Perhaps we should just capitulate and declare ourselves N Korea's ally??? Would that satisfy?
Or maybe we should have done that in WW2 and the Japs might not have attacked us.

It's called loyalty and the reason we are aligned with the Yanks, love or loathe em, is the fact they saved our bacon in WW2 and will continue to save our bacon. Australia is a large country in land size but we are nothing in terms of military size. We have to choose the best friend under the circumstances and the choice is never easy - as we know even friends have their faults. But come the biff I know I would rather have the US on our side.

Having said that N Korea does not have enough :chef2: :chef1: to feed their army for more than a week and they are all too aware that the Yanks have more than enough nukes to destroy their little part of the world :titanic: .

Perhaps they have bought some gold and are trying to get it to skyrocket through war mongering??[quote="nor}

Yep and right now we should be rethinking aligning ourselves so close to the yanks. Darwin, tindal and pine gap are all legit targets. We need a foreign policy more like the kiwis = Western countries will back you up if attacked but you don't turn yourself into an enemy or a target. We have the former but not the latter.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2[/quote]
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous

Return to “General Polls”