Hardies Lagoon

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
jersy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Hardies Lagoon

Post by jersy »

Took my 2 lovelies [Missus and daughter}out to Hardies for a look on Sunday. Water looked low and had a bit of drama getting the boat off the trailer. Found it to be very weedy and shallow for the 1st km or so. Got "beached as bro!" on that rock section 500m down. Thought that was going to be it. Put a bit of hurt on the prop and got through it. :titanic: Ventured down till we found some decent trolling water and threw out some gold bombers. There were heaps of tarpon on the surface and some decent fish holding bottom. Tried jigging soft plastics on some of the deeper spots but couldn't get a hit. Finally Teahs rod buckled over. She thought it was snagged and grabbed hold of the braid ,not the rod. :bonk: Best paper cut she's ever had she reckons. Nearly to the bone. Anyway, she managed to land her 1st ever barra, a 63cm lovely chrome model. Not allowed to post a pic as she was only wearing bikinies. Now I,ve got 2 mad fisherwomen who will kick my arse when we go out next.

Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Hardies Lagoon

Post by Matt Flynn »

Sounds like a good trip. Haven't heard much from Hardies this year.
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Good stuff!
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

I went out to Hardies a few weeks ago to flush the motor on the way back from Shady and had a good look around.Had to shoo a small croc off the boat ramp to launch.Looks like it would go alright but i dont know what time of year it fires?
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Edo wrote:I went out to Hardies a few weeks ago to flush the motor on the way back from Shady and had a good look around.Had to shoo a small croc off the boat ramp to launch.Looks like it would go alright but i dont know what time of year it fires?
I'll talk to you about Hardies when you collect the lures mate, it's my second favourite billabong after YW.
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

sounds good,was meant to text you this morning, i will give you a yell on saturday arvo mate to discuss pick up.
jersy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jersy »

My understanding, fellas, is Hardies closed Nov[now] . In a way hardies is a better "looking" lagoon than Corob. Way deeper holes, snags, lillies, pandanus, biggest freshie ive ever seen,3.5-4.0m. Good camping and big fish. Needs a good flush and it will be a pristine fishery again. Well worth a visit. :drinking1:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

The road into Hardies is not listed as closed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Blinky

goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

Hardies is full of sand as it leaves mary r still good fish in the system though one fella from maranatha farm got a 113 at the crossing last year
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

goldfish wrote:Hardies is full of sand as it leaves mary r still good fish in the system though one fella from maranatha farm got a 113 at the crossing last year
Where the old road crossing used to be?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Blinky

goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

It's in mary r nat park now n they didn't open hardies track this yr until the crossing had stopped flowing he rode the quad in there from the back paddock
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.