corroboree lights up

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
leopard
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

corroboree lights up

Post by leopard »

early yesterday morning we left for corroboree. we arrived about 6am and the fog was thick but nonetheless we headed out normally we would go down the cutting but this time we just kept travelling and casting at pandanus until i hooked up to what felt like a good little barra. but when we netted i was ashmed to see that it was Powertail. we moved spots to stretch of lillies and started casting. the togas were shoulder to shoulder some good sized ones too. first dad hooked up to and landed it i landed two more after. we must have lost almost 20 fish in this spot just from the hook up rate of those frogs. as we started slowly moving away i quickly fired my frog at a lump of timber against the bank and it got boofed strait away and then i thought i lost the fish and just a clump of weed hanging of the lure lure but it was a sleepy cod! not much else happening there except for the fact that the tarpon are everywhere and are about 6 foot long

the rat king :
NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY:
leopard
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: corroboree lights up

Post by leopard »

we only used the river2sea bully wah 45 surface frog
the rat king :
NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY:
burners
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by burners »

Nice one Leopard, sounds like a good session, nice of you to take your old man fishing
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Nice work - I have given up on the frogs because of the hook up rate. Rig a big, black paddletail soft plastic on a weedless worm hook with a tiny ball sinker tied on a loop knot in front of it and fish it pretty much on the surface through the lillies and you will hook heaps more fish.
leopard
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by leopard »

NT Wombat wrote:Nice work - I have given up on the frogs because of the hook up rate. Rig a big, black paddletail soft plastic on a weedless worm hook with a tiny ball sinker tied on a loop knot in front of it and fish it pretty much on the surface through the lillies and you will hook heaps more fish.
will give it a try wombat
the rat king :
NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY: