Corroboree 10/08/14

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
jtwalters
Silver Member
Silver Member

Corroboree 10/08/14

Post by jtwalters »

I had a mate up from down south over the weekend and he was keen to do a bit of freshwater fishing (He fishes a lot for cod on the murray). We only had the Sunday to fish and had to be back at a reasonable hour so our options were kind of limited. I was thinking about Hardie's Lagood, however I believe there was a comp on? So I decided to take him to Corroboree for the day.

I wasn't really expecting much action at all after hearing some of the rather dismal reports lately. However we didn't do too bad. It took us a while to find the fish but once we did there was a good amount of action. We started flicking around the rockhole. Lillie's with frogs, weedbeds with soft plastics, and trolling little lucifers. After about an hour we landed a toga on a frog about 50cm. 2 hits and one fish. we moved up the rockhole, trolling up towards the upper end of the billabong. We were having a bit of a hard time and still no hits, so I thought we would try right up the top of the billabong in the shallows. I saw 2 nice size barra sunning themselves right up the back of the shallows, however they were easily spooked. We had a few casts right up in the shallows and bang we found the fish. We could almost dictate when we where going to get the hits. We were only using weedless frogs due to the large amount of snags and lillies and it was difficult to hook the fish and when we did, we lost all of them anyway as it was so thick with snags etc. we probably had a solid 15- 20 hits on the surface but only landed 2 Saratoga. Not so many fish in the boat but bl..dy hell we had a great time with those frogs!

Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Corroboree 10/08/14

Post by Once Bitten »

Has anyone actually landed a barra on those frogs??? I've had heaps of hits, just no hook ups on them! They are awesome on lilies, weeds and snags... Just the hook up ratio I'm not too happy about!
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...
2 brothers fishing
Seadog
Seadog

Post by 2 brothers fishing »

i use the river 2 sea frogs and get about a 70% hook up rate, havnt used frogs for awhile now tho
leopard
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by leopard »

use smallest poppers you can buy first bloop and every tarpon in corroboree is on your lure.
the rat king :
NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY:
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Zman frogs have an ok hookup rate. Keep the hooks sharp
Wrighty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Wrighty »

Sounds like you made the right decision mate. There was a comp on at Hardies and it was very slow fishing. Only about half a dozen barra caught for the weekend. However, there wasn't a hell of a lot of fishing going on, plenty of raft ups though!!!