The 2009 FFF Awards

What's happening here, right now
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

The 2009 FFF Awards

Post by Matt Flynn »

Yes, another year has whipped by and here we are.

This year we have some sexy new trophies, including the not-so-paltry Chicken and Rice Award.

Many thanks to 2rods, harmsey, BarraBeast and nikoniko for moderating FFF, and those people who emailed me when aggro or potential legal issues have cropped up. Also thanks to harmsey and metreclubwannabee for their Barra Challenge organising efforts. There will be a presentation of yet more FFF prizes for the 2009 Challenge winners in 2010.

The forum stats have been encouraging in 2009, there are about 600 regulars among thousands of visitors. Last time I looked FFF ranked third for "fishing forum" on Google AU which is a good measure of how busy the forum is.

The forum has become a handy tool for people who need quick info on roads or bait-rigging, with people like Balls and 2rods and many others making FFF a great place with quick and helpful answers.

I considered this year having "Most Disappointing" or "Most Visits for Least Posts" awards for members who visit regularly but rarely post, but decided against putting bad vibes into the awards. If you think it is a good idea however, let me know, I might do it next year.

Hopefully we will hear from some of the many silent people in 2010. I will be doing my bit to make the forum enjoyable for as many people as possible.

IMPORTANT - if you have won a trophy or prize, email your postal address to me at [email protected]. No address means no prize!

And don't forget to buy NTMAG - the magazine sales keep this forum free. :mrgreen:

Regards and Happy Xmas and New Year
Matt Flynn

The 2009 FFF Awards

FFF Achiever's Cup - The winner: BarraBeast - he got the ball rolling on five shipping containers, which were sunk on the Rick Mills Reef by the NT Govt in December 2009. TROPHY and PRIZE.

FFF Fishing Legend Trophy - for overall or upcoming contributions. The winner: CorroboreeBandit. He keeps on producing fish, and some good pix and video too. TROPHY and PRIZE. An example post ... http://www.fishingterritory.com/viewtopic.php?t=19877 Runners-up: Moonman, Brent Matthews, Dick ... and many others

FFF Lamb Shank Award - awarded for best bite, sting or cut. The winner: NathanL, for hook through the finger and nail. It makes your eyes water looking at it ... http://www.fishingterritory.com/viewtopic.php?t=19761 PRIZE.

FFF Exxon Valdez Award - awarded for best boating accident or other bungle. The winner: whomper37, for his post about a brilliantly executed dry dock. http://www.fishingterritory.com/viewtopic.php?p=81044 PRIZE.

FFF Tackle Trauma Award - awarded for best tackle failure. The winner: Shane Doevy, who lost a metery when the landing net failed spectacularly ... http://www.fishingterritory.com/viewtopic.php?t=15773 PRIZE.

FFF Chicken and Rice Award - the bad luck award. Several posters contributed to possibly the year's funniest thread about the East Timor fishing competition, but Double Haul's picture captures it all. But since Faulksy took it, maybe he should have won. Oh well! TROPHY.

FFF Bluewater Award - for consistent bluewater success with good reports and pictures. The winner: PilbaraBrad, who catches big fish, and takes great pictures of the whole fishing experience ... http://www.fishingterritory.com/viewtopic.php?t=20657 PRIZE.

FFF Billfish Award - for best billfish capture or consistent success on billfish. The winner: Double Haul, who filed several great posts with pix of billfish exploits at Dundee and off Darwin this year. Runners-up http://www.fishingterritory.com/viewtopic.php?t=19972

FFF Reds on the Rick Mills Award - for a weird catch
The winner: NathanL, for the cast-net mystery fish. http://www.fishingterritory.com/viewtopic.php?t=19524

Best FFF Blog 2009 - This was hard to decide as several blogs took jumped in quality in 2009. Winner: Dingo. TROPHY. http://www.fishingterritory.com/weblog.php?w=45 Runners-up Whomper37, ponyplay, shane doevy

Best FFF Post 2009 - This was hard to decide too - there were better posts in terms of pictures and articles, however this short story was a corker. Winner: Barramatta. http://www.fishingterritory.com/viewtopic.php?t=20061 TROPHY.

Best FFF Fishing Photographer 2009 - I based this one on NTMAG contributions as well as FFF posts. The winner has done some brilliant work this year. Winner: Back-Cast. PRIZE. Runners-up Tezza1, PilbaraBrad.

FFF Hunter of 2009 - The winner: Myst ... example post http://www.fishingterritory.com/viewtopic.php?t=21335 TROPHY. Runner-up, barraboss.

FFF Useful Contribution Award - The winner: metreclubwannabee. Supplied spreadsheets showing clearly how the monthly competitors rank. See the Barra Challenge posts. PRIZE.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
:catch: :fishing: :catch: :fishing: :catch: :fishing: :catch: :catch: :fishing:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Matt Flynn on Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

craig308
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by craig308 »

well done to all the winners :clap: and thanks to everybody for making this the best fishing site on the net :clap:
Cheers Craig
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

Congrats to all the winners. :applause:

Matt its a no contest for the Chicken and F-ing Rice award Brett (DH) wins hands down for the funniest outburst Timor has ever seen :rofl: .

Cheers

Pete
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

No worries Pete - they spelt Double Haul's FFF name wrong on the chicken trophy, I will get it replaced :mrgreen:
andrew.south
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by andrew.south »

Well done to all the winners, as they say its the people that make this site great..... :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Southy

Very rarely when the ship misses the harbour is it the harbours fault
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Well done to all of the winners...... :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Good on you Matty.

You put a lot of quality work in to make this a great site for all fishos. Thanks for putting up the prizes, thanks for putting up your time and thanks for putting up with us.

But mostly thanks for pulling together the Fish Finder Magazine...without which I would have struggled to find my feet in the vagaries of tropical fishing. Its a quality document thoroughly deserving of its more common title..... "The Bible". (Although perhaps the next edition could include a special section for me called "Metery Finder Addendum".)

So to you and your family I'd like to say "Thanks" and the very best of Christmas wishes to from me, shark girl and the mudskippas.

Mud
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Well done to all the winners!!!
:applause: :clap: :applause:

And that Chicken and Rice Award looks real good!!!
:lol:

Have a good day,
Pecheur
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

That reminds me Mud ...

2009 Winner of Most FFF Prizes Award .... won by Mud :lol:

The FFF awards are meant to be a bit of fun by the way, nothing too serious :mrgreen:
Last edited by Matt Flynn on Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

2009 Winner of Most FFF Prizes Award ... won by Mud
OMG...wonder how I won that......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fishfanatic »

Hey Jamie (Whomper37) perhaps I should be joint winner..after all I sent you the photo enabling you to win?? plus it is my boat :P :grin: :grin: :P
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
Andy Grey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Andy Grey »

I reckon a big thanks to Matt is required also for getting this forum up and running in the first place.. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :cheers:
http:www.andrewgreyphotography.com.au
robersl
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by robersl »

Well done to all you N/t guys that took out the awards and it has been a good read all year. i post when i have something myself or comment on some outstanding fish ect ,I won't get up there to fish the run off this year but maybe next year,
Maybe Matt could start an award for best dam caught barra or best barra caught outside the n/t maybe a sticker or such for easy mailing to the winner

shane
Shane
happy slave
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by happy slave »

Congratulations to all winners and a HUGE thank you to Matt and all the contributors to the FFF, you make this my number one site to visit,
I Find Your Lack Of Fishing Disturbing
Ernie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ernie »

Congrates to all the winners and everyone else for a top year :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8-) 8-)
Live it and ENJOY
Cant save the world from idiots as they'll just build a better one!
Wouldn't need rules if people did the right thing!
PSST There maybe crocodiles in the water