The 2008 Powertail Campaign

What's happening here, right now
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

The 2008 Powertail Campaign

Post by Matt Flynn »

OK fellas, it's time we had some real fun on this forum, as well as at the same time add some extra value to our wonderful Northern Territory fishery.

From now on the mighty Top End c.a.t.f.i.s.h will be formally known as the Powertail and will even have its own forum.

Golden c.a.t.f.i.s.h = Golden Powertail
Grey c.a.t.f.i.s.h = Grey Powertail
Shovelnose c.a.t.f.i.s.h (Lake Argyle) = Shovelnose Powertail
Manton Dam Mongrel Dog Blotched c.a.t.f.i.s.h = Thor's Powertail
Eel-tail c.a.t.f.i.s.h = Odin's Snaketail

I will change the FFF word censor so all mention of c.a.t.f.i.s.h will from now on say Powertail.

Why do this silliness?

The aim is to get a foreign fishing tourist to book an NT fishing guide and actually ask for a shot at at the legendary "Northern Powertail".

There must be no mention of this campaign on the Powertail forum - all Powertail reports must be serious and use suitable adjectives to describe what a powerful, mighty and often elusive fish the Powertail is and how happy you - the angler - was to actually land one.

There will be a prize for the best Powertail report from time to time so dig out your powertail - err Powertail - pix and get started - and take some good Powertail shots on your next trip!

Please note this is not a "con" - in the USA c.a.t.f.i.s.h are revered and even have their own magazine.

But of course for we NT locals this could be a real hoot. I might even organise a 2009 Powertail Classic to top it off!

If you do want to comment on this campaign do so on this thread and not in the Powertail Forum. Or send me a PM.
Last edited by Matt Flynn on Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Powertails

Post by fishfanatic »

Please note this is not a "con" - in the USA Powertail are revered and even have their own magazine

Well Matt in that case advertise it and we should get more yanks bringing their money :mrgreen: :lol:
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
A_Nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by A_Nomad »

Not a bad idea :grin: but i cant wait to hear the SERIOUS stories about the magnificent powertail.
Cheers,
Brad
><((((NAUGHTY ·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY ...NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY¸.
¸¸ .··.¸¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY ·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY .¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY¸.·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

i cant wait to hear the SERIOUS stories about the magnificent powertail.
Yes Nomad, that will be part of the fun - some of the creative people in the forum will no doubt have us in stitches.

And sooner or later someone will post a SERIOUS post about catching their "trophy powertail" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
A_Nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by A_Nomad »

I'm hearing what ya saying Matt :grin: :mrgreen:
Cheers,
Brad
><((((NAUGHTY ·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY ...NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY¸.
¸¸ .··.¸¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY ·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY .¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY¸.·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

Magnificent!

Finally the mighty powertail getting the recognition they so richly deserve! :mrgreen:

Now Mr. Flynn, what about something for our southern cousins and the infamous c.a.r.p., one of Europes revered angling fish! :catch:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Punter, I think the carp is possibly too well known for any hope of changing it's image.

But our powertails - especially those gold ones - could be in with a chance for an "extreme image makeover" :grin:
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

I like the way you think Matt :fishing:
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

i am in...expect 2rods and dodgy to dominate this one :rofl: :rofl:

long live the powertail
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)
whomper37
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by whomper37 »

This should be a good laugh, cant wait to see some Golden Power tail posts.... Just hope I'm not writing too many of them... :rofl:
Frodo, Dont wear the ring...........
The magical Bling, Bling..
I dont rap about bitches and ho's
I rap about witches and trolls.....
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Kevin Kevinson wrote:i am in...expect 2rods and dodgy to dominate this one :rofl: :rofl:

long live the powertail
Looks like KK will be getting put onto some of my best PT grounds on Sunday :shock: and after my bad run of late I will be happy to get a deep sea racing PT

I need to talk to southy's young bloke he got a great picture of his dad with a baby PT on Monday :rofl: 8-)
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Basstad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Basstad »

It's so true about the seppo's lovin there "powertail",we took a load of UN pilots fishin to north gutter when the east timor debarcle was in full swing,we caught jewie's,red's,goldie's etc etc but when we hooked and landed some of those big silver pointy nosed one's (3 spined emperor) these guy's did backflip's and thought it was the best fishin trip they had ever been on!

Well me and the skip looked at each other shook our head's and had a laugh!!! :rofl:

Dan.....
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dodgyone »

Might be time for Harmsey to dig out some gold footage. :cheers: :cheers: :rofl:
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
ntfishn
Seadog
Seadog

Post by ntfishn »

Should get the Tinnie boys onto this one as well to help spread the word O/S. :cheers:
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

yep i have some awsome powertail footage with dodgy off dundee, will get onto it and post it up soon, acually 2rods won the footage in an auction :wink:

by the way i love the powertail idea :rofl: :rofl: