New FFF kickarse blogs!

What's happening here, right now
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

New FFF kickarse blogs!

Post by Matt Flynn »

http://www.FishingTerritory.com is currently installing a new blog system so each member can have their own individual space on this site.

Blogs allow you to create your own web space or "book" - the blogs will be a little like the FFF personal photo albums, but instead will have your words, pictures and videos.

Blogs will allow members to design pages a little too, unlike forum posts which are almost the same every time.

Your fishing reports can be put in blogs instead of posts - that way you end up with a valuable fishing diary. You can also put a link to your latest blog entry in a post on the appropriate forum.

Members will also be able to decide who is allowed to see their blog.

And much more.

Further details soon :mrgreen:
Last edited by Matt Flynn on Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Please note that the new blogs will have a few bugs to sort out and this will be done today and tomorrow.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

The blogs are now ready for use. I'll put up a prize of a good fishing DVD and some Reidys lures for the best blog start-up in the next 10 days.
jonesy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonesy »

Good feature Matt

Move over facebook and myspace...FFF Blogs will be the new buzz site!
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

.............. Great feature Matt, Excellent Idea
XXtreme
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by XXtreme »

Blogs - good idea.

I'm not sure if it's my place and I'll probably get bagged for mentioning it. But I seem to spend a lot of time looking at blank screen space when scrolling and flipping between post pages on the FFF.

This is not a personal attack at any members, just a recommendation to improve this already great site.

I think that it would be a good idea to limit the size of post fonts, move video links and place all of the items (graphics) listed under a members username onto their own personal blog space. This way it reduces the amount of unused screen space displayed on the posts and makes it available for all the good guff that is posted to this site. May even speed up the rate at which pages are loaded?
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

To those of you who have started blogs, well done and thanks.

Please note that these will become very useful fishing diaries and do not have to be "story of my life diaries" like other blogs - although that is a fine use for them too.

May I humbly suggest that everyone who started a blog give it a reasonable name (like mine, Bloggamundi :roll: ) and if you have started a blog but are now unlikely to ever use it, please delete it so we don't have links to dead blogs.

A good first blog post is an "about you" with perhaps a couple of nostalgic photos. :mrgreen:

Please note that I can enable HTML for advanced blog users.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

One thing FFF users can do on their personal blog is run advertising, so if you manage to build a blog that gets a lot of interest you could earn some advertising dollars.

However I will delete any blogs that are mostly or all advertising and where the user has provided little or no interesting content for readers.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Those blogs that you are all terrified of :rofl: have been upgraded and are now better looking AND easier to use.

I think everyone should start a blog with a nostalgia post, with picture. :cheers: :cheers:
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Just a reminder to new users that we have blogs on FFF where you can create your own private webspace and ongoing record of your fishing trips. The blogs also allow you to control who views them.

The list of current blogs is here http://www.fishingterritory.com/weblogs.php?
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Whats a Blog :-?
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Blog is like an online personal diary :coffee:
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Post by Dingo »

I reckon they are a good thing, obviously. But maybe not many people know about them too much. Maybe giving them a banner and a spot on the forum like all the other topics might help to boost them up a bit. Not sure, but just a suggestion.

Dingo