Car and Boat collection service

Quiz FFF members on fishing and outdoors topics using the forum polling function
doggies66
Seadog
Seadog

Car and Boat collection service

Post by doggies66 »

We were having a chat here at work today and would be interested to know fellow fisho's opinion on this subject.

We were saying that this would be good for someone who would like to start a business or looking for work.

Wouldn't it be good if someone atarted up a car and trailer collection service. They would meet you at whatever ramp in Darwin that you wanted to use, launch you then take your car and trailer to a secure manned location untill your return. On your return you would contact them by phone or radio and they would meet you there at the ramp with your car and trailer all safe and sound.

Sure beets comming back to find it stolen. I know I would be happy to pay someone who provided this type of service in Darwin..

Whats everyone think....??????

wally gator
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Car and Boat collection service

Post by wally gator »

that could be done from any boat ramp now, little a/c donga so midgys don't suck you dry, and to keep you comfy, a good dog , jobs done !!
Sheesh I,d pay 20 bucks for that no worries, good little business there I,d reckon :)
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

Didnt a sober Bob car drive home service go belly up due to the insurance of driving other peoples cars
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Hemi »

Nice idea but in reality insurances would kill it. Then im sure at some point someone would get the blame for scratching someones car etc.. Many reason it wouldnt work.

Boat ramp security is another reason i dont bother upgrading my vehicle, i just drive a cheap heap which is over insured!!!!!
Wish someone would steal the bl..dy thing but everytime i come back to the ramp its still there and the $60k 4x4 next to me is broken into (or stolen)...!
"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
Wal
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wal »

What ramps are bad for it out of curiosity?
c9h14n
Seadog
Seadog

Post by c9h14n »

All of them!
Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Once Bitten »

Dinah Beach, East Arm and Lizzy Creek the worst... Southport and Mandorah have also been hit. Dishonest fricks everywhere! Best to keep any valuables out of sight and remove anything worth big $$$. Spotties and light bars are favourites for the taking. Bring on the secure car park at Lizzy I say!
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

I've had 2 'events' in 35 years of using local ramps - just lucky I guess ??
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

I had my tailshaft out of my hilux stolen from middle arm, lucky they left me the front shaft to drive home on
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
tubbs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by tubbs »

my wife recently started doing this exact service for me after my car and trailer were tampered with a few weeks ago at Lizzy river ramp.
it was her idea even.
made last Sundays fishing trip very pleasant, she reversed me down the ramp at Dynah beach after dropping our eldest at work, I drove off the trailer and went fishing for a few hours, gave her a call and I drove back onto the trailer at Lizzy river ramp near home after a great trip. Didn't even get me feet wet! made for a relaxing day and I wasn't worried about my vehicle.
her reversing was a little rough, but I dare not complain because overall the service was excellent :)
COOPS
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by COOPS »

two boat trailers stolen from the east a few weeks ago.

some pr..k was dropping peoples sump oil plugs while they were out fishing at saltwater arm ramp last year....
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

tubbs wrote:my wife recently started doing this exact service for me after my car and trailer were tampered with a few weeks ago at Lizzy river ramp.
it was her idea even.
made last Sundays fishing trip very pleasant, she reversed me down the ramp at Dynah beach after dropping our eldest at work, I drove off the trailer and went fishing for a few hours, gave her a call and I drove back onto the trailer at Lizzy river ramp near home after a great trip. Didn't even get me feet wet! made for a relaxing day and I wasn't worried about my vehicle.
her reversing was a little rough, but I dare not complain because overall the service was excellent :)
:applause: :applause:

Whats her number tubbs :)
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.
Wal
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wal »

Going to start locking my trailer on then!!! Geez there's some f**kheads around isn't there...
mickxx
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by mickxx »

tubbs wrote:my wife recently started doing this exact service for me after my car and trailer were tampered with a few weeks ago at Lizzy river ramp.
it was her idea even.

Iv been trying to get my wife to do this, she thinks its just an excuse to get on the p..s, she is a bit nervous about reversing the trailer too tho.
tubbs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by tubbs »

Mickxx its fair to say that I'm not the most patient bloke in the world... but my wife has managed to get past her nerves in terms of reversing, and has now progressed to actually driving the boat on the trailer! it took a few goes but she really enjoys fishing so it was great that she wanted to learn, just took a bit of patience on my part. just means we are back to leaving the vehicle at the ramp.
At the end of the day, it may take them a few goes to get down the ramp with the trailer, and that may hold someone up for a few extra minutes, big deal, if they are learning they will get better, and it will make the day more enjoyable for everyone.