Bait or Lures??

Quiz FFF members on fishing and outdoors topics using the forum polling function

What is your preferred style of fishing?

Bait
2%
Live bait
12%
Lure
61%
Fly
4%
All
22%

Total votes: 51

skinny joel
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Bait or Lures??

Post by skinny joel »

LOL ^^^biodegradable SP.
how many sinkers are rolling around connected to whipper snipper coil from ancient time grey nomads? hahahahahahah i hopoe your comment was tongue in cheek or thats just silly.

human guppy
grumpy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by grumpy »

Any true live baiter will tell you that you spend as much time chasing the bait :mrgreen: as actually fishing and it is just as much fun. :D After a days fishing I let go what I don't use so I don't see it as doing too much harm :idea:

My lures boxes are full of every different hard body and rubber that you could imagine. I have at minimum 25 rods to siut every diff style of fishing that I do. Yes I have spears too that get used on occassion. 8)

I reckon there ain't too many creeks or reefs within 50k's of the NT coastline that I have not seen or fed mossies and sandflies in . :wink:

No longer these days are the freezers full it's all about getting out and having a good time on the water, away from all the c...p :surf:

Can anyone offer me some fillets :rofl: :rofl:

Damm no offers OK I'll just have to slip out and 15 minutes down the road I should be able to catch a feed. Let me see what shall we use today I know I have an old handline loaded with 60lb mono an old rusty 6o hook and I just pulled a bl..dy big grasshooper off my vegies. :idea:

Down to the river S..ht I'm on :rofl: :rofl: Go hard yes a nice golden cobbler YUM! :rofl: :rofl:

I shouldn't drink and post sorry :bonk: :bonk:
A mans boat is a sign of his strengths and weaknesses???? (and wealth)
deano
Seadog
Seadog

Post by deano »

i just like catching fish. however wherever whenever.
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

deano wrote:i just like catching fish. however wherever whenever.
Never a truer word spoken Deano :cheers:
mako
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mako »

Bait or lures??...does not matter, as long as you are escaping, exploring, discovering, indulging, and travelling in a new direction each time. :captain:
Aaron G
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Aaron G »

When I target puffer fish, p o w e r t a i l and stingrays I opt for Live bait.

When I target trees, shoes and shopping trolleys I opt for lures.

Time and place for both :)
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

Ive caught heaps of mangroves on lures- works every time
deano
Seadog
Seadog

Post by deano »

Lats wrote:
deano wrote:i just like catching fish. however wherever whenever.
Never a truer word spoken Deano :cheers:

how do you know??? i might really hate fishing :lol: :lol: :lol:
smarty
Seadog
Seadog

Post by smarty »

seano wrote:Ive caught heaps of mangroves on lures- works every time

Oh so your up too speed on the mangrove fishing too mate,glad i`m not the only one then :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
LittleRascal

Post by LittleRascal »

Hi there, Anyone who knows of good spots arround Darwin (land based) for Jewies? Need some advise on what bait, plastics and/or hardbodies?
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

What a can of worms.
For me, when I'm using livies it's a sure bet I'm fishing solo and that I'll be taking the catch home.(sharks, cuda excepted).
On the reefs, bait while anchored, jigs on the drift, or trolling lures for pelagics.
Like most fairly keen fishos..I have a wide range of lures (most of which never see water) and a combo to suit whatever I intend to chase.
It's all about having fun for me, when it becomes 'work' or I've caught a feed, I'll generally pack up and pull the pin for the day.

Mrs OF (Scrooges daughter) keeps a log of my 'deckie' outlays, and reckons every fillet in the freezer should be 'gold plated'.
On the other hand tho', while chewing me ear off about it, she'll be putting me gear together for the next trip. :roll:

Seriously, whether you use a lure, bait, or livie, if your not having fun, it all becomes a WOFTAM, and 'macrame' is probably the next best hobby.

You'll notice I didn't mention FLY fishing..
Unless you're Mr Miage's (Karate Kid) sensei, the chances of catching a fly with a fishing rod are well beyond the best of us.
Chopsticks maybe.. :wink:
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
Barraaddiction
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Barraaddiction »

Lures all the way

But don't mind whipping the wand every now and then.
DEEPRIVER
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DEEPRIVER »

l fish with hardbody lures only. Even when l KNOW a soft plastic or a live/dead bait may catch me more fish.
l use other peoples lures and my own , and an occasional hard plastic import.

When my son was a little tacker l did enjoy catching bait with him and fishing that bait. The little taps on the rod as the fish bit at his bait would have him laughing and shaking with excitement :) Simple fishing is often the most fun.

Now he is big and hairy and smelly and spends all his time chasing girls lol

Barney.