TIO boat Insurance......not anymore!!!

Talk about bungled boat ramps, net buybacks, marine no-go zones, mining disasters etc here.
newfisherman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: TIO boat Insurance......not anymore!!!

Post by newfisherman »

balou wrote:
newfisherman wrote:
Scottie5.3 wrote:Good thing I work for a certified dealer then

Which dealer do you work for? I spoke with CM today and was informed there are only 3 dealers than can value a boat up here. I will probably change insurance compaines. I dont believe a dealer who sells mass produced boats can accurately value my custom built boat.

Can you name the 3 dealers...

Seem there a lot of people with different interpretations of the whole "agreed value" and "market value".
There 3 blokes at work same TIO insurance but 3 different interpretation of the payout value.

Any insurance company do a simple " agreed value" and then calculate a premium rather then go through this whole valuation stuff.

According to the man of the phone today from Club Marine the 3 dealers in the NT they will take values from are Boatland Winnellie , Quality marine and Spot On Marine, but it took a couple phone calls to get the information so it could be wrong.

Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

I work for BH marine, they are a certified dealer for nautilus. As I work there it may be different and I was given agreed value on the spot with no valuation needed. Could be the boat was originally sold from there and only a couple of years old that they did this. I couldn't tell you more then this as I'm a mechanic/fitter and not involved with any paperwork. For me it was really easy, if its a custom hull or something that's been extensively modified you may need a proper valuation for someone to insure it. whether or not we carry out valuations I couldn't tell you mate best bet is to contact nautilus themselves and ask the question and being a dealer for them I would assume it could be done.
Cheers
Scott
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

BTW who made your "custom hull"?
Bet you could go to all three places and get three different valuations too... Same with anyone else

Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Nautilus rep actually just come in this morning, we can value any custom hull as we are their dealer. Brand new boats don't need valuation if bought through here.
They prefer giving agreed value on everything too.

newfisherman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by newfisherman »

Boat is Built by NT Unique as is the trailer and it was fitted out by NT Unique as well including all the extras plus a few more added comforts like a draw fridge built into the console and soft underlay under the carpet so it is extra comfy to stand on and sleep on.

The winner for me is CGU boat insurance I think. They will do an Agreed value as it is under 5 years old...all the extras are itemised on the policy. It is a touch more expensive at around 90 bucks a month with an excess of $700, just waiting on their policy statement to read, then I will choose but feeling confident about CGU

Nautilus was about 80 a month with excess of $1000 and agreed value until it turns 2, then market value.

GIO was similar to CGU at around 100 a month plus excess of $500 and agreed value until it turns 2, the market value

CM was about 70 a month with excess of $1000 but would only offer me market value unless I bounced on 1 leg and barked like a dog then I might have gotten an agreed value.

GIO and CGU and Nautilus would do agreed value over the phone, which makes life a bunch easier than getting the thing valued when I already know the replacement value of it.
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

I wouldn't mind market value if they could give me some idea of what the market value would be. But they (club and nautilus) couldn't give me even a rough idea of what value they are putting on it. bl..dy s...ts me how they sell a product with out having a clue what I am truly purchasing.
ryanfazz
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by ryanfazz »

+1 on nautilus, wouldn't insure my push bike with TIO.
ryanfazz
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by ryanfazz »

+1 on nautilus, wouldn't insure my push bike with TIO.