TENDER TO UPGRADE DINAH BEACH BOAT RAMP OPEN TODAY

Talk about bungled boat ramps, net buybacks, marine no-go zones, mining disasters etc here.
Kadango
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Kadango »

Apologies for the loss of pagenation to the media release, but you get the drift........
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken Vowles
Minister for Primary Industry and Resources
26 May 2017
Minister for Primary Industry, Ken Vowles, today announced that the Territory fishing community will soon be able to experience the improved facilities at the Dinah Beach boat ramp with the tender for the construction of three unisex semi-automated toilets being advertised today.
“Dinah beach boat ramp is one the most popular boat ramps in the Top End,” Mr Vowles said.
“The fishing community has highlighted the need for an upgrade to the facilities on offer at Dinah beach.
“This ablution block will increase the amenity of the Dinah Beach boat ramp and will support the usage of this ramp by recreational fishermen, families and children,” Mr Vowles said.
Mr Vowles also announced that Security and Technology Services (STS) has been awarded the tender to install Closed Circuit Tele-Vison (CCTV) at Dinah Beach boat ramp.
“A CCTV system at Dinah Beach boat ramp will ensure that cars and trailers are protected while recreational fishers are enjoying a day on the water,” Mr Vowles said.
“The system is to stream seamlessly into the NTG Police at the Peter McAuley Centre.”
Mr Vowles said that fishing is a great draw card to living and visiting the Territory.
“We are making a $50 million investment in recreational fishing infrastructure to enhance the Territory’s unique fishing assets” Mr Vowles said.
“This investment in infrastructure development will also create in-direct jobs for fishing tour operators, fishing tackle shops, boat sales and servicing and the tourism, hospitality and retail sectors that cater to tourists and locals alike.”
Amateur Fishing Association NT (AFANT) Executive Officer David Ciaravolo said AFANT welcomes these upgrades, which will help to ensure that the Dinah beach ramp is a safe, family friendly facility for all fishers.
Media Contact: Lesley Major – 0419 288 284

Subscribe | Unsubscribe or manage your subscription
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any use, disclosure or copying of the message or any attachments is unauthorised. No representation is given that attached files are free from viruses or other defects. Scanning for viruses is recommended.

Note: Do not reply to this message. This email message has been sent from an unmonitored email address. We are unable to respond to any replies sent to this email address.

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Rug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: TENDER TO UPGRADE DINAH BEACH BOAT RAMP OPEN TODAY

Post by Rug »

bl..dy good announcement this. It is in line with election commitments.
Smile and the world smiles with you, fart and your all alone.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

No mention of the "T" section at the end for the tenders to tie up to?
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

nomad wrote:No mention of the "T" section at the end for the tenders to tie up to?

I am with you, it would be the single best enhancement. Give them and fishermen a spot to tie up that clears up the launching area.
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Great news
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Great news :mrgreen:

Everyone should fire off some emails RIGHT NOW to express their thoughts on how it should be done .

Hope the get it right this time .

1. Pontoon needs to be at least twice as long .
2. Needs a T section able to handle 10 boats minimum . (not tender tie up )
3. Three or four lane if possible .
4. Larger car park ,at least 30 to 50 more spaces.

Dreaming hey :o
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Tiz good. But spend the dunny money on extra parking :D
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

I went down last Sunday and it was chockers. Cars everywhere. I parked parallel against the IOM fence and when I got back, there were cars behind, infront and to the side. Thanks fellas, I hope I didn’t cause too many dents when I dragged the trailer out. . Who said fishos are a considerate mob?

One clown even blocked the driveway in and out.
cards
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by cards »

Definitely needs extending and the T added at the end.

Its the worst ramp in Darwin IMO.

Its the closest to me but i choose not to use it because of Parking and quite often the small tenders are tied up hogging the pontoon.

This ramp could easily handle another lane on the left hand side if not more!
Dear Optimist, Pessimist and Realist, while you guys were busy arguing about the glass of water - I drank it!

Yours sincerely, The Opportunist!
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

1 extra section of pontoon and a set of bolt cutters to clear the moored tenders (joke!) would make the ramp much more usable
Andy Grey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Andy Grey »

Don't get too excited its only dunnies...
Ramp is a joke
Matt you are spot on...do it properly like Townsville.
Why three dunnies, two will do..Put the other dunny at Mandorah as suggested by a NT news reader.
waste of money IMHO. Would be better off using the cash on dunnies to a CCTV system at East Arm BR. or even better more police and judges that are not scared of punishing the little s...ts that B&E and flog ya sh.t from ya car while your out.
Always love the BS you get from Pollies re how it will increase spending...blah blah blah...thats utter cr.p how do they measure that? what rubbish. No one ever comes into my pub after using Dinah beach BR!

Ok I will get off the soap box now just my ABC worth
http:www.andrewgreyphotography.com.au
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Yes, I am confused about the need for all the expensive dunnies when parking is what is sorely needed. People use the "harbour dunny", gunwhales are comfortable enough, you just have to be quicker than the sandflies.
mako
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mako »

Parking for cars with trailers only.
Rug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Rug »

A second high quality ramp near the city would be a goer. Dinah is about as big as it can be and a quality facility to take pressure off would be a key. Vesty's Beach would be a great spot. Would cost a dime to do it properly but that is a once off. Good infrastructure spend that one.
Smile and the world smiles with you, fart and your all alone.