Buffalo Creek changes

Talk about bungled boat ramps, net buybacks, marine no-go zones, mining disasters etc here.
joesgotone
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Buffalo Creek changes

Post by joesgotone »

Got these from my local poli. Nicole struggled to get them.

Not that happy with the design as parralel parking a trailer could be a real pain especially in 10m slots.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

how many is enough lures, rods and reels. Is there a magic number, considering you usually only catch 1 fish on a single lure on the one rod and reel your casting with.
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Buffalo Creek changes

Post by dannett »

joesgotone wrote:Got these from my local poli. Nicole struggled to get them.

Not that happy with the design as parralel parking a trailer could be a real pain especially in 10m slots.

My car and trailer is 13m long, please don't be mad when I use one and a half spaces.
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

dannett wrote:
joesgotone wrote:Got these from my local poli. Nicole struggled to get them.

My car and trailer is 13m long, please don't be mad when I use one and a half spaces.

Yep, I would be in the same boat :lol: :lol: I would have liked to see one long parking bay, similar to what happens at the Daly River public ramp. That seems to work
itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by itsinmeblood »

Had a look today, it's going to be a shitfight, reckon you can just draw a line through half the carparks as they stand...no way are people going to be able to get into each spot, needed to be a bit wider and angle parking
fish are skinny, the ocean is fat
Jeno
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Jeno »

Yes, I had a look yesterday....seriously...who is the designer???? Is this a Darwin City Council job or a NTGOV job! I can what they had in mind, they are trying to save the coastal forest there, but this is a serious stuff up.....can the clown who signed off on this design please stand up and make yourself known?
No matter where you go, there you are!
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

There used to be great parking facilities there. You drove in one end and out the other. There was 20 drive through car and trailer spaces, no reversing into parks required....
Chubbs93
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chubbs93 »

Anyone who has a boat 5m or bigger will never fit,
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

You would think that after investing in all the barramundi gill net closures to promote NT rec fishing, that they would follow up by investing in adequate boat trailer parking.
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

.....what a terrible design.

AFANT was not consulted on these changes by the last CLP Government and it shows

I will try and chase this up and get it modified.
Jeno
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Jeno »

tristan.sloan wrote:.....what a terrible design.

AFANT was not consulted on these changes by the last CLP Government and it shows

I will try and chase this up and get it modified.

That would be great Tristan, and see if you can find out what mental midget signed off on this design...I would really like to know what due diligence they did before spending public money.
No matter where you go, there you are!
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Unbelievable!

Who comes up with this sh!t? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Obviously the engineers don't own boats. Bays way too short, there will be gaps when someone leaves and nobody is able to reverse parallel park with a trailer on, too much room taken up by non trailer car parks, leaving a long walk for boat owners, a huge waste of space on the opposite side of the road where the drain/footpath is. If they used that space for the road, there would have been room for angle parking for boats.

It's time the government actually listened to fishos about what is needed with all these boat ramp 'upgrades'. Let's hope the new government actually listens to us. I'm with Scottie535, FFS leave Shady alone, not worth the waste of money to f$&k that up as well! : :fubird: :fubird: :fubird:
Rant over. :drinking5:
c9h14n
Seadog
Seadog

Post by c9h14n »

Well there is a secure parking facility about 10 metres away with everything you all think you are missing....so who are the mental midgets again?
2 brothers fishing
Seadog
Seadog

Post by 2 brothers fishing »

c914n how do you go about getting your car and trailer out at 3 or 4am?
c9h14n
Seadog
Seadog

Post by c9h14n »

2 brothers, you negotiate with the attendants. lets not forget that the reason you don't park your car at Buffalo Creek at 3 or 4 in the morning is the very reason the secure compound exists. I doubt too many fishos would be willing to leave their vehicle in the new 'free' carparks overnight.
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

c9h14n wrote: I doubt too many fishos would be willing to leave their vehicle in the new 'free' carparks overnight.

I will, and always have done .....
And I agree with most above - the new 'design' was obviously the work of some pencil pusher in at DCC - ah sorry, we gotta call them City of Darwin now !!