NT News Online Fishing Reports

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

NT News Online Fishing Reports

Post by Lats »

For those who work away like myself and still like to read the FULL online fishing reports, it is no more. I questioned the paper about it putting only a small snippet online and if they could post the full reports a few days after the paper has been released, so it wouldnt affect paper sales, I got the following response:

Moderator comment: Yes Craig, the fishing columns are very popular and we can no longer give stuff away free, sadly. You can get every paper, every day, no matter where you are, here: http://ntnews.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

The link is where you can buy the paper online. A little disappointing but that's the way it is I guess.

Cheers

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: NT News Online Fishing Reports

Post by Matt Flynn »

Internet still has a long way to go in deciding what can be free (funded by advertising, or charity) and what people are willing to pay for.

At the end of the day, anything has to be funded by something. FFF is funded by the mags, the cost of repairs and upgrades often exceeds the site revenue.

I was interested to see the story today about GM pulling its Facebook ads because they didn't work, I've never clicked a Facebook ad except when I contemplated advertising there, makes me wonder how it is worth billions, although I don't use Facebook much. But people chatting does not equal revenue on any website.
Trier
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: NT News Online Fishing Reports

Post by Trier »

Hi Lats,

I get the NT News online, and it is fairly handy - only trouble is I generally have over a weeks worth of 'papers' to read because I spent too much time on this site!!

It's usually able to be downloaded from about 4ish or so in the morning. Can't remember exactly how much it costs, but from memory it is only marginally cheaper than buying the physical paper, but I guess it is virtually delivered to wherever you happen to be! I gather you work FIFO, so it would be quite handy for you, assuming you have some sort of Internet access where you are working.
Cheers,

Ash
-----------------

If it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer and hit it harder!

'You can't have mudcrabs without mud'. My son John