Where do you buy your online fishing gear?

Talk about the gear you can't afford and knots you can't tie.
passenger279
Seadog
Seadog

Post by passenger279 »

Nearly everything I get comes via post, just interested to see who you use for general stuff like line, lures, hooks etc.

I used motackle.com.au for the past couple of years who do a good job, have a good range and good prices.

BUT I made an order over the long weekend with anglerswarehouse.com.au and they were bl..dy awesome. They sent me an email in the morning of the 1st working day re: one lure colour not available and listed all the options for a replacement, I emailed back that day and they sent me my lures express the next day. The person on the other end of the email was on the ball and pleasant.

I get some stuff from ebay.com but the quality varies so much that I don't get very much from there anymore. Some stuff is ridiculously priced though like the Rapala's from the USA I buy.

What do you do?

itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Where do you buy your online fishing gear?

Post by itsinmeblood »

mo have always rang me the next day if they were out of stock on an item no drama with them, plus you get the catalogue for a year after any order
fish are skinny, the ocean is fat
stevep84
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevep84 »

I also use MOTackle but I also use eBay, fishin.com.au (bass and bream gear, I'm still a southerner), dinga.com.au, eBay, Cabelas, and gloomis.us.

I too have found that MOTackle ring if out of stock as does fishin.com.au.

Steve
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

passenger279 wrote:Nearly everything I get comes via post, just interested to see who you use for general stuff like line, lures, hooks etc.

I used motackle.com.au for the past couple of years who do a good job, have a good range and good prices.

BUT I made an order over the long weekend with anglerswarehouse.com.au and they were bl..dy awesome. They sent me an email in the morning of the 1st working day re: one lure colour not available and listed all the options for a replacement, I emailed back that day and they sent me my lures express the next day. The person on the other end of the email was on the ball and pleasant.

I get some stuff from ebay.com but the quality varies so much that I don't get very much from there anymore. Some stuff is ridiculously priced though like the Rapala's from the USA I buy.

What do you do?
Mate I do the exact same, but I do use the local guys in town a lot as they give great discounts. I buy a few lures a week from there.
----------------------------
-----------------------------
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Yeah but he is on the tiwi islands
stormboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by stormboy »

Wellsys tackle every time, try it!!
passenger279
Seadog
Seadog

Post by passenger279 »

Yeah I haven't had a problem with motackle, I was just super impressed with anglerswarehouse. Only went there because they were the only place I could find with a certain amazing lure!

One thing I really like about motackle is all the sales they have.

Stormboy; just looked at their online catalog, looks good.. another sales section to troll! WOOHOO. Mail looks cheap too, nice one.
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

Yeah use welseys for my game fishing gear !
MOUSE
Seadog
Seadog

Post by MOUSE »

try and buy local when I can, we have a great Tackle World store here run by a great bloke but sites I have used include;
motackle.com.au
minstortackle.com this is Malaysia's largest online tackle store & pretty much most of their stuff is sourced straight from Japan
tackledirect.com this is a US site, can get some very cheap fishing gear
Boars, Barra, Bundy & Bare Arsed
Adventure Before Dementia
stormboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by stormboy »

Yep love wellsys tackle, great cheap quality gear and really cheap billfish gear. I do try to look afterv Ron & his dad in the city but I need to look after my bank balance also :)
Hally10
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Hally10 »

My vote for anglerswarehouse.com. Most of my big items like rods and reels have come from them as well as a few other bits. Ease my conscience by buying all the terminal stuff and lures locally at Craig's or t/w.
Kp NT
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Kp NT »

Depends what im buying, things like terminal tackle and and rods and reels i get from my local store, but if i want cheap billfish lures i go to escapintackle.com.au
I couldn’t repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.” - Steven Wright

"If you want to maintain a sustainable supply of fish you have to farm the fish, rather than mine them. So putting your money into fishing fleets that are going to exacerbate the problem by over-fishing is not the way to preserve the underlying asset."
Maurice Strong
Jer
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jer »

When I was first setting up my gear, ie, tackle bag, tackle boxes and lures, I ran it all up on motackle. Then went in to FOW and they did it all a dollar or two cheaper on each item than motackle.

I buy all my gear from FOW now. I'll buy from motackle only if FOW don't have what I want in stock.
JR77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JR77 »

rayannes.com.au are pretty good and if ya contact them when purchasing more expensive items they can usually do a better price.
and if they cant motackle.com have to match rayannes price by 10% and i've found motackle usually pretty good to deal with also.

i always check ebay.com first particularly for lures as some/most items are much cheaper from states etc even with postage and only pay via
paypal.
cheers JR...
kurt27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by kurt27 »

tackle direct for a few reels. also bought a heap of lures from barratackle.com.au
super good service and super cheap lures! rang me with colour stocks and even cut the boxes down to fit in a smaller bag to save on shipping!