SECURITY

Talk about the gear you can't afford and knots you can't tie.
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

SECURITY

Post by Hemi »

Alright! How do we make our vehicles more secure or safer at boatramp carparks...!

Cameras..? Gates...? Compounds...? Security staff....?

Who out there has got the big ideas..??

"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: SECURITY

Post by Once Bitten »

In my experience. Keep anything of value out of sight ie wallets, coins in consoles, iPads / phones or anything temping that a theof may want. If you have brand spot ties, best to take the brand cover off or these are likely nicked, especially at remote ramps. Ensure that hard canopies are locked and that trailers and tow ball / tongue has a lock on it... Nothing worse than coming back to no trailer. All a case of out of sight - out of mind. If you have an older model car, you may want to get a keypad lock (or similar) to immobilise the engine. Newer cars are a lot harder to steal! All IMO.
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...
madmortimer
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by madmortimer »

Once Bitten wrote:In my experience. Keep anything of value out of sight ie wallets, coins in consoles, iPads / phones or anything temping that a theof may want. If you have brand spot ties, best to take the brand cover off or these are likely nicked, especially at remote ramps. Ensure that hard canopies are locked and that trailers and tow ball / tongue has a lock on it... Nothing worse than coming back to no trailer. All a case of out of sight - out of mind. If you have an older model car, you may want to get a keypad lock (or similar) to immobilise the engine. Newer cars are a lot harder to steal! All IMO.
Your not trying hard enough! They said that in 2000. :D

cheers
john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by john d »

Didn't a certain pollie make a press release just before the bi election promising cameras at one of the ramps
Probably forgotten about by now as they got what they wanted.
George
Seadog
Seadog

Post by George »

A. Own a shite box old car like I do and they won't go anywhere near it, I'm embarrassed to go near it sometimes lol
B. Security guard, big roid muncher with a taser.

Cheers
Custom Plate Boats
Boat modifications
Trailer and repairs

http://www.fishingterritory.com