Rhino liner

Talk about the gear you can't afford and knots you can't tie.
jdog
Seadog
Seadog

Rhino liner

Post by jdog »

Gday lads and ladys anyone heard or had any experience with this product? Im upgrading the tabs for a custom early next year and this seems like a good strong product to apply in the rig! I read u can get uv resistant and anti skid coatings! I think a hire boat i used not to long ago had it! Seemed tuff. Anyway just wanna know how it would hold up with the sun and salt water up here.
Cheers :drinking2:

jdog
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Rhino liner

Post by jdog »

And is there any point in having paint on an ally boat other than good looks?
mippa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mippa »

paints just for looks mate. Dont let any1 tell you other wise. never heard of the rhino liners on a boat but i know it is good for trays in cars.
Bottom Bashing Bloke
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Bottom Bashing Bloke »

Rhino liner is actually a rubber compound that the use for lining ute tubs. Its very durable and "apparently" if you get all the tub and hardlid done it can be used as an esky....so they say. I reckon it would make a good floor but like the boys above said paint and some no slip grit in the paint will do the same except rhino lining might not absorb the heat like paint does
Jonno
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Jonno »

The other one to look at is http://www.speedlineraustralia.com.au. Same thing, but they can mix colours like spray paint so your options are endless.
Cozzy0011
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cozzy0011 »

Rhino liners are fairly expensive. I got quoted 1800 from the mob in palmy to do a Colorado
Sister Ed
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Sister Ed »

Mate has the anchor well done with rhino liner, best thing ever. Cuts out most of the noise from the chain etc and tough as so dont need to be gentle when stowing the anchor.
jdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by jdog »

Thats what i was thinking! Then i dont have to b anal bout scratches on the new rig