Pink barra rod

Talk about the gear you can't afford and knots you can't tie.
barnzy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Pink barra rod

Post by barnzy »

Hi, it's my mrs bday in a few weeks so I'd like to get her a new pink rod, iv been looking at the st croix. They look great but comes with a big price tag, does any one know of any other decent pink barra rods at a reasonable price? She doesn't come fishing all that often but I know she will love a nice looking set up for when she does come, cheers

cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Pink barra rod

Post by cuddlescooper »

You can have a second hand pink St Croix for $150. My mrs has one and she has been out fishing me so im gonna sell it. lol In all seriousness she has a new rod and I wish to palm off the other one. The current one is a bit long and due to us fishing land base a lot I got her a shorter model for casting around trees.
barnzy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by barnzy »

Thanks lads, how long is the rod cuddlesscooper? Iv got a chronarch to go on it, is the pink model?
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Yer mate it is a Pink St Croix 6 foot medium fast action.I paid $360 for it I think just under 2 years ago. Asking $150. Im looking at a 5 foot 6" one for her. Its a bit shorter and a bit stiffer for casting in tight spots. The other rod is perfect in a boat but not as good for the tight land based applications that we need. One of the guides binding lacker has started to crack but isnt too bad yet. Could probably be rebinded in the future. Reel seat is all good and blank is fine. Rod has mojo attached 8) :fishy: :fishy: as the misses boated a few good fish on it landing a 105cm, 94cm and a pile of other fish including GT's, Goldies ect.
mirror fish and st croix 005.JPG
mirror fish and st croix 008.JPG
mirror fish and st croix 009.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

Hey Cuddles mate if Barnzy doesnt grab it I will. Just shoot me a PM. Happy to pick it up when ever your ready.
barnzy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by barnzy »

Hey cuddles yer il grab that mate looks the goods, not sure how to pm yet though, my number 0428417565
Cheers
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

No worries mate ill give you a buzz tomorrow and arrange a time for you to come grab it.