Going light to get the bite

Talk about the gear you can't afford and knots you can't tie.
lukesfishinmission
Gold Member
Gold Member

Going light to get the bite

Post by lukesfishinmission »

Hey guys, Had an overwhelming amount of interest and feedback regarding the blog post I did last week about rigging plastics weedless. This highlights to me that many people took great appreciation in me trying to teach them something new and not just viewing pictures of fish that I have caught on fishing expeditions. This being said, I will now be posting regular and frequent "tips" in my blog entries. Following that train of thought, I have now constructed a blog entry entitled "going light to get the bite" which highlights the advantages of using lighter rods and lighter leaders when targeting opponents such as mangrove jack, barramundi etc who are notorious for destroying much heavier gear. Since utilising 6lb braid and 10lb leader, I have caught more fish than ever before. So yes, light gear has helped me to no end. Light tackle fishing is not for everyone and many may shudder to use this equipment against some of these brutally hard fighting fish, but at the end of the day - it is a matter of each to their own and everyone must be comfortable in their applications- everyone is different. But as mentioned, it really has worked for me. There are occasions where I get wiped out (not commonly though) on the light gear but it is more than compensated by how many more hook ups I receive due to the fact I use this gear. Fore more on this topic, visit my blog. Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Visit my blog! www.lukesfishinmission.com

Subscribe for FREE to receive updates www.Facebook.com/LukesFishinMission

Like my page on Facebook