Engel in boats?

Talk about the gear you can't afford and knots you can't tie.
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Engel in boats?

Post by blw »

madseb wrote:We just had a 3 day trip to Anson bay with a trail blazer fridge as we ran out of ice on the last trip so gave the fridge a run . On the first day it started to play up and would not start, being a elec by trade saved my trip. Turned out to be the cable from the main battery isolator to console was to small , as I got the fridge plugged into a anderson plug on the side of the console.When the fridge tried to start the voltage would drop to 8 volt and the fridge was not able to get going, we got around this by connecting the fridge direct to the battery with a 4mm cable . I am running a 16mm from the battery to the console know without any dramas. I run dual 130 amp hours batteries ,if you run your boat motor during the day trolling you should not have any issues with power, take the fridge it works great beers @ 5 deg nice
man you like your beer warm haha. My car engel is set on 1 to 2. Frosty

fridgie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by fridgie »

waeco
-2/3 on mids.-4 fulll strength,dont be shy,dont leave in for a couple of days either
Reel traction

Post by Reel traction »

Their a great thing just got back from a trip down to the two moyle rivers and out wide ran the engel all the time first used it to a trip out to sandy creek was all good got two battery's but had base camp at sandy, on the recent trip 'twas three nights on the third night fired up the trusty honda eu2 cos the fillits were plentiful barra Goldie cod and the third day a jewie that tipped the Eva cool Esky over the edge, enough gloating getting back on the subject engel on dual battery's if you stick to the one so you know you got a spare if your venturing out for longer have solar or the genny to back you up our third night with the genny humming and the fan blowing knowing the fillits were icy cold 'twas a great sleep nothing to do with the large bottle of baileys that appeared to be empty on sunrise when I'm sure it was half full at lights out, the other great thing is your food don't float with the fish and you just keep topping up the cans in the pristine cleanliness of the engel