Site Administrator

NT GPS Card Install Instructions - Elite and HDS units

Post by Matt Flynn »

For the Elite ...

Press Menu
Scroll down to waypoints routes and trails
Press enter
Press menu
Pick load from card and follow the prompts.

For the HDS ...

Press pages, scroll around to the cog and the spanner
Scroll down to files and press enter
Expand memory card 1
Select the .usr file and press enter.
If the .usr file doesn’t work and the machine is running Software Version 3 or newer software just load the .gpx file.

The Elite and HDS will both take the .gpx file but the .gpx won't give full waypoint names like the .usr file does.

Usually if the HDS unit won't load the .usr file you can do a system restore and try it again and it will work.

Many GPS units don't describe the individual files in detail so it is best to print out all the marks on your computer printer using EasyGPS and keep this in a plastic folder for reference.

You can also use EasyGPS to delete marks you do not want, or create separate files for different areas, which reduces plotter clutter.

Most of the above info was provided by Lowrance guru Michael Ede of In and Outboard Marine

BlueyNT
Seadog
Seadog

Re: NT GPS Card Install Instructions - Elite and HDS units

Post by BlueyNT »

My Son purcahsed this a couple of weeks ago and we installed it on the Elite when I went up to Darwin ,did notice the shorter names .
When I got back home I installed EasyGPS on my confuser and had alook at it .
Since I have been making my own files and saving them getting marks from friends and a few from the fishfinder encyclopedia.
Im just makng small files for areas that I want to fish ie , Vic river , Daly etc .I will store the files on my confuser and just load the files I need for each trip and then delete them from the GPS when Ive completed the trip , rather than have hundreds of files on the GPS to search through when actually out on the flat.
One thing I would like to know is how can I get a decent map of the Territory into EasyGPS to put the marks on.At the moment the Fishfinder file displays the marks on the map part of the page but there is no coast out line ,just a white page with the marks displayed.
I've looked at acouple of programs , like Oziexplorer and G7towin , which have the capability to add trails and routes to the maps on your confuser , but will not add the map to the GPS due to differences in image formats. Oziexplore uses Raster generated maps and GPS units use vector maps.
I would like to be able to produce the routes and trails on the home computer and then load them onto the GPS. Im guessing that this could be done in EasyGPS but a map image would be handy .Im not trying to load maps onto the GPS ,just need amap to use while doing the planning and waypoint layout.

Appreciate any help here.
Kev.
I'm not young enough to know every thing .
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

I use a satellite image in .ECW format from the Aust. Satellite DVD to plot the waypoints onto a map, using Oziexplorer. There is a free download for a reasonable Landsat map somewhere on the web, you will have to Google it as I can't recall the location - might even be something better available now for free.
BlueyNT
Seadog
Seadog

Post by BlueyNT »

Thanks Matt , had a bit of a Goog around for something suitable , but no luck last night.

Kev.
I'm not young enough to know every thing .
gjkirby

Post by gjkirby »

Hate to revive an old post but i wanted to say :cheers: for helping me get my head around this... FINALLY
matto1964
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by matto1964 »

Hi Matt,

A bit off the subject but I have a Navman Fishtrack 6600 unit and was wondering or seeking advice on what's the best GPS card to use in the unit.

If anyone owns one and can suggest that would be great.

Also if anyone has a dust cover laying around for the Navman 6600 I'm looking for one!

cheers

Andy
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Haven't used a Navman Fishtrack 6600 but someone on here probably has, and may be able to help.
matto1964
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by matto1964 »

No problems thanks Matt :mrgreen:
sobergrub
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by sobergrub »

I got a elite5 hdi and navionics gold. I updated nav sd card, now it wont work on my plotter. what have I done? how can I fix it?
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

You mean the nav card, not the GPS marks card?
sobergrub
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by sobergrub »

nav card
Fisherman-Rob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Fisherman-Rob »

BlueyNT wrote:....
When I got back home I installed EasyGPS on my confuser and had alook at it ....
Kev.
Oh My God ... I dont mean to sound rude here at all ... but could not stop laughing :rofl: at the comments highlighed above :lolpoint: wmhahahahahaaa
I absolutely LOVED your name for a computer!!!~ :) Funniest comment yet! hahahahaaa

:clap: You have made my Day!
Thank you :cheers:
76Tourer
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by 76Tourer »

I have the elite and have a bit of a problem loading the waypoints, I contacted Matt the other day (who got got straight back to me, thank you) as the sounder does not recognise the SD card . I have had the SD card in a mates Tablet and it looks as tho the info is there but the sounder reads insert SD card no greater than 2GB blah blah when I try to upload from card . The sounder has no problems reading the Navionics card .

Help ! I'm quite computer illiterate and have no idea whats going on . Any idea's appriciated ..
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

Some readers are fussy with different cards, is it a full size SD card or a microSD? I have a bunch of adapters in case one wont work...
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

G'day jabsy - It is both - micro with SD adaptor

76Tourer - might be a card size limit there, contact Michael Ede at In and Outboard Marine, he deals with many sounder models and should be able to give you an answer immediately.