lowrance advice

blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

lowrance advice

Post by blw »

alright fellas . I currently have a lowrance hds 5x gen 1 with structure scan. I love this sounder but its just not big enough and I want gps.

im considering buying the hds 7 gen 2 to connect into it via ethernet.

will I need a second transducer or will it run off my current 83/200.

I have found a price of 1170 for bare unit. or I can get one with cmap maxn and a transducer for $1240.

just wanting some advice to see if this set up will work.

cheers Brent

fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: lowrance advice

Post by fff1964 »

I have HDS 8 GEN1 linked to HDS 7 GEN2 BOTHARE GPS combo's and share the structure scan and normal tranducer.
Does not share navionics maps gut shares waypoits and other info.

Cheers
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

for the extra 100 bucks get the lot. Have them as spares. It will cost you a lot more to get any of those parts if the need be.
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by blw »

yer was thinkin tha tmate
Fish Tank
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Fish Tank »

It'll work off the one transducer. You'll need a T peice connector. Just connect the T peice to the end of the chain for the ethernet.
Tropical IV
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tropical IV »

I have HDS 8 and two HDS 5s all linked together with one structure scan and one standard transducer. All linked via Ethernet and nmea2k. Only problem is that standard transducer and structure scan are both wired directly into the 8. I have my structure scan on a seperate power switch, Therefore if the structure scan is off you don't get depth on the 5s. Not a big drama just floor ck a switch. All data and info shared between all three.....simples.
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by blw »

Tropical IV wrote:I have HDS 8 and two HDS 5s all linked together with one structure scan and one standard transducer. All linked via Ethernet and nmea2k. Only problem is that standard transducer and structure scan are both wired directly into the 8. I have my structure scan on a seperate power switch, Therefore if the structure scan is off you don't get depth on the 5s. Not a big drama just floor ck a switch. All data and info shared between all three.....simples.
sweet. yer I will have everything always on together so should be right. just need one more Ethernet to go from 7 to structure and im set