Hds12 gen2

hobbit
Seadog
Seadog

Hds12 gen2

Post by hobbit »

Just got a lowrance hds12 gen2 had a little play with it yesterday. Can anyone tell me how does the side scan work it the motor is there? I see good picture on the right but the left doesn't have much detail. If I trim up fairly high it looks batter. Do I need to bring the transducer further down to fix it. Any help.

hobbit03
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Hds12 gen2

Post by jabsy »

Hey Hobbit, can you post a pic of the tranducer mounted to the transom?
hobbit
Seadog
Seadog

Post by hobbit »

Will tomorrow I'm thinking it is to far to the side and move it further in the middle
hobbit03
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Move it as far away from the motor as possible
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
hobbit
Seadog
Seadog

Post by hobbit »

Wouldn't moving it further out make it worse Scottie? Every thing I've seen on the net there close to the motor if not right in the middle under the motor mount
hobbit03
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

I had heaps of trouble with interference from the outboard because of the pod design on my boat. Luckily that pod design enabled me to mount the transducers forward of the outboard and now I get good readings.
IMG_5376.JPG
IMG_5373.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Moving them further away gives you more angle to play with. Its all trial.and error and id have to see the hull to give proper advice
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
hobbit
Seadog
Seadog

Post by hobbit »

Thanks for the info guys. I'll play around with it
hobbit03
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

dannett wrote:I had heaps of trouble with interference from the outboard because of the pod design on my boat. Luckily that pod design enabled me to mount the transducers forward of the outboard and now I get good readings.
Yeh - I'd definitely say that's worked in your favour being able to have it tucked securely away like that.

Had mine for a couple of years now, and been waiting since the day I first mounted the big sucka for it to be smashed.

Finally smashed it up against a hidden snag up the bay a few weeks ago - $280 for replacement - OUCH!!!

I've seen on some Yankee sites they fitted 'vertically' against the rear transom (ie pointing down vertically at the water) - anyone got theirs fitted this way?

Fitting on the supplied bracket, and fishing low tide estuary's - the final result is inevitable ....
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Hey Slug I mounted mine slightly above the bottom of the hull. Doesn't read at speed, but gives it more protection from snags, etc
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

Cheers Scott - "scales of justice" I guess, my 'regular' sonar is very temperamental and often stops reading at speed in a sloppy swell. I use the SS
as a go to in these instances - never failed to read yet no matter speed/sea conditions.