Who makes steel mesh crab pots in Darwin?

Catch and cook a seafood buffet, with or without barramundi.
Catherine

Who makes steel mesh crab pots in Darwin?

Post by Catherine »

Hi, I'm looking for steel mesh commercial mud crab pots like the ones most commercial crabbers use in Borroloola. Does anyone know of someone who makes them? Any help would be much appreciated.

dicko1980
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Who makes steel mesh crab pots in Darwin?

Post by dicko1980 »

Catherine wrote:Hi, I'm looking for steel mesh commercial mud crab pots like the ones most commercial crabbers use in Borroloola. Does anyone know of someone who makes them? Any help would be much appreciated.
You can buy them in bulk just off the highway between the Howard Springs traffic lights intersection and Coolalinga. I bought 8 of the large non collapsible pots for $30 each.

There are two sizes in total he makes. 600mm x 600mm & 600mm x 700mm. The collapsible only came in 600mm x 600mm and has a trawler mesh bait pocket. The other two had 1" bait cages made out gal mesh.

Cheers
dicko1980
Regard

Dicko
dicko1980
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dicko1980 »

Catherine wrote:Hi, I'm looking for steel mesh commercial mud crab pots like the ones most commercial crabbers use in Borroloola. Does anyone know of someone who makes them? Any help would be much appreciated.
You can buy them in bulk just off the highway between the Howard Springs traffic lights intersection and Coolalinga. I bought 8 of the large non collapsible pots for $30 each.

There are two sizes in total he makes. 600mm x 600mm & 600mm x 700mm. The collapsible only came in 600mm x 600mm and has a trawler mesh bait pocket. The other two had 1" bait cages made out gal mesh.

Cheers
dicko1980
Regard

Dicko
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi Dicko, thank you so much for this information. Unfortunately, I'm not in Darwin :( Do you know how I could get the person's phone number?
Thanks

Catherine
MANE BATHA

Post by MANE BATHA »

Hi Catherine did you find a phone number for the bloke oit himpy doo. Im in gove and want to get some sent over cheers