SWA crabbimg

Catch and cook a seafood buffet, with or without barramundi.
A_Nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

SWA crabbimg

Post by A_Nomad »

Headed out SWA on Thursday, I was out there 3 weeks earlier just after road was graded, jeez, doesn't take Liomg for the road to deteriorate, road from the turn off was fine, but I won't be doin the trip again, was pretty bad in places.
Crabbed the last 3 hours of the run in for 2 crabs, and an hour of the runout for 1, 3 crabs all up for the day, was hard work,, crabs were only just size as well, different to 3 weeks ago, when we got 15 in 3 pulls of the runout.

Cheers,
Brad
><((((NAUGHTY ·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY ...NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY¸.
¸¸ .··.¸¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY ·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY .¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY¸.·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: SWA crabbimg

Post by balou »

You did better then me Brad at leaders today. 2 undersized for 5 hours run in.
Worst trip out there in 12 years. Usually bag out in 2 pull this time of year
A_Nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by A_Nomad »

I know mate, usually a sure bet, from the sounds of it, seems to be a lot slower everywhere
Cheers,
Brad
¸¸ .··.¸¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY ·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY .¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY¸.·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY
Chubbs93
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chubbs93 »

Kept 10 today from 2 pulls at swa was heaps out there nothing huge but also released a good 7 sized female's that where rnd 15-16cm mark I think nt should bring in a ban of female crabs yr on yr off im sure numbers would have to increase what's everyone's thoughts?
Chubbs93
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chubbs93 »

Crabs in lizzy/harbour have been on fire on spring tides lately also and have been decent size compared to swa they seem to be smaller.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A_Nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by A_Nomad »

Done well chubbs, that's what I was expecting, just a bad day I hope!!!
Cheers,
Brad
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

I threw 5 pots in for under an hour at the Adelaide mouth last week for one crab, didn't really put much effort in to where I wanted them either, so thats about what I would expect. I've always done OK on the crabs in SWA.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Well done Chubbs93 :mrgreen:

re crab management, they didn't put a ban on jennies in the NT for a reason, I forget the details, will dig up a link later.

Size limits have their own implications where harvesting is heavy, eg crabs that mature earlier at small sizes are more likely to pass on their genes because they are thrown back as undersize, while the faster growing big ones are harvested and therefore less likely to breed and pass on their genes.

Gotta love those big tides for crabs.

Return to “Crustaceans, Squid, Shellfish”