Croc or shark

Catch and cook a seafood buffet, with or without barramundi.
CharFin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Croc or shark

Post by CharFin »

I rarely crab but thought I would put a few pots out Friday night up middle arm (on other side to channel island) and collect them Saturday morning. Surprise, my old crappy pots hadn't been relocated by the ever helpful sharefarmers I hear about. But pulling them in I found 5 out of 5 had the chicken carcuss completely gone and holes to various sizes in the pots. Only an undersized muddie to show for it. Since a lot of the netting was cut rather than torn apart I reckon it's the work of the razor gang.

What do you reckon ....croc or shark?
Is that normal to lose 5 of 5 if leaving them overnight?

Couldn't raise a barra, no bites at town hall holes, so back to east arm for a regulation 5 blue salmon and 2 goldies. Chilli fish instead of chilli crab :-(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Croc or shark

Post by Once Bitten »

Don't think it was a croc. Mine have been hit by them in the past and the pot frame is usually all bent. Yours looks fine. Could have been a shark, but more likely an inconsiderate "share farmer" who couldn't give a hoot about cutting your pots to remove the crabs. Well done on your consolation fish!
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Definatly sharks. It usually means your pots aren't far enough back in a creek or mangrove forrest.
goin boating
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by goin boating »

+ 1 for share farmers I had 8 out of 10 cut open a while ago in woods.... :fubird:
trev4th
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by trev4th »

Crocs will mangle the cr.p out of pots, so most likely sharks. Never had the sharefarmers slice one open though....
STOKESY77
Seadog
Seadog

Post by STOKESY77 »

trev4th wrote:Crocs will mangle the cr.p out of pots, so most likely sharks. Never had the sharefarmers slice one open though....
You would be surprised the lengths some of these f@#kwit sharefarmers go to these days :hunting:
Give a man a fish, You'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, You'll feed him for a lifetime!
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

STOKESY77 wrote:
trev4th wrote:Crocs will mangle the cr.p out of pots, so most likely sharks. Never had the sharefarmers slice one open though....
You would be surprised the lengths some of these f@#kwit sharefarmers go to these days :hunting:
I had one cut open in bynoe last year. Buttholes.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Lumborghini
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Lumborghini »

I had pots raided by share farmers a while back down east arm, all 10 pots had the bait removed and a pink ribbon bow had been tied to the pot where the bait clip was.
So they take whatever crabs, take the bait so there is no chance of catching any more, and then tie a pink ribbon onto the pot.
motherfarkinassholes,
Lumbo,

If i'm too drunk to walk I'll rock the party on crutches...
STOKESY77
Seadog
Seadog

Post by STOKESY77 »

I use steel pots, still doesn't stop them from being raided but less chance of them damaging my pots.
Give a man a fish, You'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, You'll feed him for a lifetime!
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

Steel pots n painted zipties will let u know if they get raided

Which unfortunately is getting pretty common nowadays ....

To many w@nkers up here now

Darwin is going downhill fast in the respect dept. Put up a motion activated camera at the start of yr run like the pros do.

Then get all wild west on their arse .
Or could report it to our useless cops.
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.