Crabbing Leaders Creek

Catch and cook a seafood buffet, with or without barramundi.
BarraBob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Crabbing Leaders Creek

Post by BarraBob »

I was wondering what Leaders creek was like for crabbing never heard anyone talk about how it is. Has anybody crabbed it lately and how did you go? Any info much appreciated. I like Leaders in the build up for Barra and have never crabbed it was thinking of dropping a few pots on the way out. Barra and crab Taste good!Thanks

jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Crabbing Leaders Creek

Post by jonr »

It can be ok, but there are A lot of little crocs and share farmers. So if your just dropping your pots then going fishing and not "working them" you might do better at SWA or somewhere not so busy.
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

Just noticed that was my 1000th post ;)
BarraBob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BarraBob »

Thanks jonr. bl..dy share farmers I crabbed for a couple of days in Bynoe Milne inlet in August we did OK but had so many pots checked it was very disappointing that people do that poop. I knew because I cabled tied with colour ties and we found so many empty pots and no cable tie at all. I love to combine a fish when crabbing. Thanks again mate
fish4me123
Seadog
Seadog

Post by fish4me123 »

out the front of leaders is better, I took the kids down and didn't get a keeper until I put pots out side the mouth. The road is shocking.
tight lines
bring_it_on
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bring_it_on »

road is a shocker atm,used to do well down swa but this year has been absolute shite….Pro crabbers have raped it this year.All we pull now is undersized jennys.
the big one
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by the big one »

Good to see you on the water today barra Bob.With my two pots this big fella was in one happy days :drinking8:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.