Have a cast at Cahills

tangels
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Have a cast at Cahills

Post by tangels »

Yeah i was down there on sat morning and seen one well over the 4.7m and a heap more, and got a few small barra off the crosding. i love that place.. 8)
2 brothers fishing
Seadog
Seadog

Post by 2 brothers fishing »

I was down there a week ago go for work was having a flick and a ranger told me to move on saying its not safe to fish there... he told me i was an idiot for standing in the water and by water it was a pot hole and the water wasnt even half way up my thong. ive grown up in the territory and am smart about where i fish i have never seen this guy before and i have a feeling he has just moved to the territory.
wazdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by wazdog »

I have seen guys fishing out there with water up to their knees!!! Best Of Luck with that.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Crikey ... croc soup, huge number of crocs per metre! ... http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/northern- ... f8f274003c
SeekingBarradise
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SeekingBarradise »

tangels wrote:Yeah i was down there on sat morning and seen one well over the 4.7m and a heap more, and got a few small barra off the crosding. i love that place.. 8)
Hi Tangles,

That croc would most likely be one i call "Silverback" as his back looks lighter. He is a big unit, hanging on the top side of the crossing, usually
in the corner area across the crossing to the right.

He pops up after not being seen for hours, and usually not for long. Anyone standing on that rock 3/4 the way out on the right will be taken.

He is a cool croc to observe, film and photograph. He plays a smart game against the other crocs. I think he would be a fair age.

Cheers Lyndon
SeekingBarradise
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SeekingBarradise »

2 brothers fishing wrote:I was down there a week ago go for work was having a flick and a ranger told me to move on saying its not safe to fish there... he told me i was an idiot for standing in the water and by water it was a pot hole and the water wasnt even half way up my thong. ive grown up in the territory and am smart about where i fish i have never seen this guy before and i have a feeling he has just moved to the territory.
Hi Two Brothers, yes it's high tide for anglers at Cahill's.

Everyone has to fish up on the rocks, not on the crossing itself or the rocks out on the crossing.

You are allowed to fish on the rocks on the bank and in front of the platform.

Regards,
Lyndon