Stepping it up

Tell us about boat ramp vandals, crab pot share farmers, and others who snatched your tackle.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Stepping it up

Post by Matt Flynn »

This is new ... http://www.news.com.au/national/norther ... a73e4d925b

Damaging infrastructure, what next?

dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Stepping it up

Post by dannett »

Sheesh. That's potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars to fix. No problem but, if they keep this up it is only a matter of time before they touch the wrong bit and turn into 125 pounds of crispy bacon.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

I don’t think normal suspects (kids) were involved because they wouldn’t have an understanding of the way the t/formers operate, but I will stand corrected
I would be checking for a disgruntled former employee who had some understanding of the way they work.
They hit the t/former out the front of my place and as opposed to what the paper said, they didn’t enter the t/former itself. They didn’t need to. They did a single cut around 10mm long in the aluminium cooling fin at the top and bottom. The oil drained quicker than just cutting the base alone.
Ie they knew what they were doing and how to cause most damage with least possibility of personal injury. It would have taken hours for the oil to drain to the point of fire etc
They left the tool (a pair of pincers - I saw it) in the grass next to the t/former as well.

The newer versions have the cooling fins located in a tamper-proof position inside a security fence on the box
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Interesting.

What oil do they use in them now? Used to be that awful PCB cr.p.

Return to “Crime”