NT Trips

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
stickman

NT Trips

Post by stickman »

After reading a few comments about people who join up and dont post i though i better add something to the conversations. We (10 of us) have been making annual trips to Dundee and the Daly for a weeks fishing for the last three years from the south east of South Australia and have a great time, you guys have the best fishing and best conditions going around. I love reading your stories from the Camfish/Bellfish saga to Muds comical writeups.

We have had some cracking sessions from the run out tide at the mouth of the Little Finniss and a couple of years ago when we were lucky enough to be at the Daly at the same time as the Barra Nats had their record comp where i snagged my 95cm PB below
Darwin 047.jpg
Weve had a 65cm Barra jump in the anchor well when a crab pot was thrown out, weve run out of petrol and had all our crab pots chewed up by crocs just to remind whats all around.

We're up again in a couple of weeks and cant wait although the Barra sound very hard to find. We've got some Cracking boats from Hooked Up lined up and will look to get out a bit wider than usual.

Hopefully I'll have something decent to post
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: NT Trips

Post by ponyplay »

good stuff thats nice fish, pull bit harder than king george whitting i bet . We need another camfish bellfish saga, bit dull of late :)
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

Little bit too much saga and not enough fish this year. But the blue water is about to hot up...
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.
Skippadman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Skippadman »

Nice barra mate
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Plenty of fish coming from Dundee of late. And you forgot to mention that its good beer drinking weather from sun up to sun up, every day of the week :cheers:
stormboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by stormboy »

Whereabouts in SA are u from?
stickman

Post by stickman »

stormboy wrote:Whereabouts in SA are u from?
Mt gambier, we fish mainly from around pt mac donnell
drifter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by drifter »

stickman wrote: We're up again in a couple of weeks and cant wait although the Barra sound very hard to find. We've got some Cracking boats from Hooked Up lined up and will look to get out a bit wider than usual.

Hopefully I'll have something decent to post
Met a couple of blokes from down your way when I was at Dundee last week. They were grape farmers (now retired & up there for 6 to 8 weeks). They have been doing this for the last 20 yrs. This year they shipped up their own small tractor (white). They launch about 6.30 every morn. Most nights they are @ the Dundee pub, and I'm sure they would give you some pointers.
Back Cast (Jason) & Geoff Corry are likely to be there as well, and I'm sure they will pointers as well.

Hope you get into some. I'll look forward to your report.
Bellfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Bellfish »

good fish mate hope ya get into a couple while ya up :mrgreen: