2014 Barra Nationals results

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
Polycrafty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Barra Nats 2014

Post by Polycrafty »

Thanks Cuddles, now I see what you mean about tough fishing. That 119 was a very handy catch!

cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Ahhh, you had me fooled Ghound. The conversation between AM now makes more sense lol.

As for the mind numbing fishing I think you are correct. I would have drunk way to many beers with so little excitement going on. My mind would be very numb! lol
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Polycrafty wrote:Thanks Cuddles, now I see what you mean about tough fishing. That 119 was a very handy catch!
yer, lot of luck involved. Problem is one fish like that can win the comp in hard years as we just saw. In a way I don't think it is all that fair as any one who got good numbers of fish in hard conditions should also be rewarded.
Brad the Lad
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Brad the Lad »

yep, i fished the comp, and there was certainly some beers drunk.

the comp was pretty much won after day 2, with the average fish size falling dramitically. to give you an idea, a 79cm was biggest on day 4 and day 5 saw a 76cm win the biggest of the day.

fishing was tough, and some miles covered to find the fish. the usual suspects spend most days flying up and down the river looking for the fish, and they were rewarded.

it was my first year, and thankfully i removed my skirt after 45 mins on day one. thought it was going to be a great week, but only landed another 2 fish after this. so was slow going, but the beers were cold :)
fishing and beers,

wonder what the poor people are up to!!!
Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Quinntreximon »

Brad hoe did you rate it overall? How much does it cost as I was thinking of going next year.
Brad the Lad
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Brad the Lad »

i rate it highly. a lot of fun fishing aside. plenty of stuff happening of a night time at Banyan Farm.

will be tough to get a spot, its the 20th year next year, and spots are hard to come by. i only got in by fishing with an existing team.

it costs $1700 to enter per person, but you get lots for your money, including three meals a day, 65 litres of fuel, ice, camping space, excellent giveaways.

ill be back next year for sure
fishing and beers,

wonder what the poor people are up to!!!